Need an answer

Hi, I was banded on June 5th and I was just wondering if anyone knew how soon after surgery are you able to drink alcohol? I have my first fill July 20th so I am excited and kinda worried at the same time. How do they deadend the skin where they insert the needle to put the stuff in your band? If someone knows the answer to my questions could you please tell me and give me some peace of mind!! Thanks

Krystal

Hi, I was banded on June 5th and I was just wondering if anyone knew how soon after surgery are you able to drink alcohol? I have my first fill July 20th so I am excited and kinda worried at the same time. How do they deadend the skin where they insert the needle to put the stuff in your band? If someone knows the answer to my questions could you please tell me and give me some peace of mind!! Thanks

Krystal

Dr. Romero did my fill and used nothing to deaden the area where he stuck the needle in -- not to fear though! This guy is a pro and it didn't hurt one little tiny bit!

I can't answer the alcohol question -- I've avoided it since it is empty calories.

Twigs

Krystal

Hi Krystal,

As far as the alcohol goes, I couldn't tell you. I am not a big drinker so it was never an issue for me. I think if you stink to non-carbonated beverages, like wine, you should be okay. They do not deaden the skin to give you a fill. Don't worry!! It is NOT painful. At worst you might have a slight pinch. Sometimes I don't feel it at all. Don't stress over the fill!!!!!!

Good Luck. Nita

HI WELCOME THIS IS HEALINGHANDS--- YOUR ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN YOU DRINK? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CALORIES ARE IN EACH DRINK? DO SOME RESEACH YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION 4CC CAN MAKE YOU DRUNK BECAUSE OF YOUR RESTRITIONS OF YOUR LAPBAND. REMEMBER YOUR STOMACH IS NO LONGER THE SIZE IT USED TO BE, ONCE THE LAP-BAND IS INSERTED YOUR STOMACH IS A POUCH. WHY GET THE LAP-BAND TO CONTROL YOUR WEIGHT AND EATING DISORDERS IF YOU ARE GOING TO DRINK CALORIES IN ALCOHOL !!!!!!!!!!!! INTO YOUR BODY!!!!!!!

Krystal

Well, I beg to differ with everyone else. I found the needle to be painful and asked Dr Romero to numb the area the second time and found it to be a better experience for me overall.

Well, I beg to differ with everyone else. I found the needle to be painful and asked Dr Romero to numb the area the second time and found it to be a better experience for me overall.

I had a margarita the day of my surgery. Also have had white wine (it's a clear liquid) since. No adverse effects. I asked about it at the OCC and they told me that alcohol isn't the problem...it's the empty calories. I'm still under 500 cals a day so I figure I can work in a glass of wine.

Krystal

I would assume alcohol that was clear would be alright. Like a vodka cranberry. Probably have to stay away from beer because of the bubbles. Wine would be alright also. I haven't tried anything yet. I think it's a choice we all need to make, empty calories in a drink or calories from food. It is nice to have a cocktail occassionally however. I'm just wondering what the effect will be with the lap band. Just remember to be responsible and have a driver if drinking.

Mona

I don't drink so can't answer the alcohol question, but like the others in TJ they did not numb, but he was great and no pain when I went to Fill Centers they used a lidocaine spray and it worked really well. They were good, but not as good as Dr. Romero so with them I will continue to use the lidocaine.

Hey Krystal --

I've just tried to take it easy on the alcohol. Have had 1 drink and 2 glasses of wine (in

the 3 months since my surgery)

I was a little freaked out about the fill, but it just wasnt an issue! NO PAIN. If felt funny

when Dr. Romero flushed my band, but it wasnt painful at all. I was sorry I spent ANY

time worried about it ! Good luck !!!!

Thanks everyone for letting me know what its like for them! My first fill is this Friday and I am a little nervous and the Dr says he numbs it so I was just wondering how they numb it? I didnt get my sugery done in TJ I got it done in South Dakota with a really good Dr so my experience is some what different then others, but all for the same cause!! Thanks

Krystal