What would you do? How much to unfill?

I have a dilema on my hands. Three weeks ago I got a fill that was too tight. I have lost 20 pounds in those three weeks. I am down seventy pounds total in 10 months. I have not been able to train for a marathon that I have registered for in October since the last fill. My options are as follows, let me know what you think you would do:

1. Unfill .5 So as at least not to have problems with liquids and soups. This would still limit my training and I might have to cancel out on the marathon ( my second marathon and last, but I said that after my first one.)

2. Unfill 1.1 which was the total amount of my last fill. I would be able eat soft solids again, but not drink as rapid as I might need to replenish during races. I could probably still do the marathon.

3. Unfill 2-3 cc and be able to eat more of the foods I haven't ben able to over the course of the last 10 months, but with the distance training I shouldn't gain any weight back, but probably or might not lose any until after October race and a re-fill

Fills/ Unfills are no floro at $150 a pop.

Let me know what ya think.

Tom

I have a dilema on my hands. Three weeks ago I got a fill that was too tight.

Tom

Tom, IMHO - I truly believe you know the answer to this. You have thought it out and probably would be best served by a consult with OCC to confirm. Registered or not my take is your health comes first.

Well Cripes,

Tom, sorry the last fill isn't working for you (or too well anyway).

I had a fill about the same time and only had them add .5 (also blind, no floro), and I can definately tell a difference. So even a .5 unfill should provide some relief.

But if you needed a fill, maybe the last one was just a little aggresive (especially blind). Usually by losing 20 I am ready for another fill. I would think that even if you got the smaller unfill it would put you back to where you were with the added weight loss. Also, just because it isn't under floro doesn't mean you can't drink water to gauge tightness. Have them back out some and then drink some water to see how that flows. I think that good hydration is the key. IF you can drink freely, you should be able to eat.

Still, training for a marathon (heck, even thinking about one) is a great accomplishment at this point. I know you've worked hard to get there, so do whats best for you. All your options are reasonable, and you know what it takes to get on track if you need to.

Keep it up, You're the man!!!

Roger

CalKev and Roger

Thanks, CalKev you were right I do know what I SHOULD do. With these last three weeks, I have really built up my craving for any food and wanted someone to say "Heck take the 2-3 cc out and enjoy." THe less devilish side of me said hey with a 1.1 unfill plus the weight loss I should be able to eat way more, but maybe not that double bacon cheeseburger... but as I read Roger's response, I realized its not about going back to what I once knew, but continuing on the path. So, thanks to you guys, I will not be having that double bacon burger or that pizza anytime soon. I have decided on having .6 cc out which would make the last fill .5cc.

Tom

Tom,

Awesome... good for you! In my quest for a healthy life all I really want to do is be accountable to myself and my own learning-everyday judgement. It sounds like you got that licked. Like you mentioned banding the brain is a valuable side effect to banding the stomach. Heres to you! Kevin

• 4 weeks later...