Recently done/lot of pain

Guest Marilyn

Guest Marilyn

I had the lap band done 11 1 2005 and I am still experiencing a LOT OF PAIN. Last 3 days have been a bit better, but as the day progresses, pain in my 'middle area' gets worse. I don't think it is gas/air ...... I just don't know. Doctor says he does not understand. Anyone else experience something like this? I would LOVE to hear from someone who has very recently had it done, like me. I am an old lady.... maybe that's why: my body just wasn't up to all this but I did it, and I am going to fight to keep the band! So far have lost 15 pounds, but that's all. I am still on liquids, but am starving! Sound familiar, too? Let me know please. Thanks.

I hope this 'posts' as I have had tried before and it would not work. If this works, Thanks, Chad.. you helped (:

Hi,

I did not have any real pain. I was sore around my port....but, nothing that required meds or hampered my ability to fly comfortably across country to come home!!! I hope you can get some relief soon.

The reason I responded is this....I am hungry too!!! I was banded 11/3...I am hungry like before. The first week I guess I had some swelling.....but now....ugh.

HOpe you are better!

Dana

Guest Marilyn

Well, I guess I must be a wimp! :( No one responded, so I guess that's good.. good for them, but I am better today and tomorrow will be two weeks since I had the surgery. So, if anyone new is out there and ready to do it, don't be too shocked about the pain, bruising, abdomen pain - feels like something is pushing against skin, trying to get out!!!!! But, I am so excited, and soon hope I will be losing weight just like the rest of you guys in the forum. AND, the posts from all of you have been very helpful, and the REPLIES! Thanks for those who go to the trouble.......... Janna (sp? not sure about the spelling, but you know who you are: you have been a great support/help. Bye, have a great day!

Guest Marilyn

Hi, DANA...... I guess I just didn't check down far enough. I am 'learning' how to use this forum. But, I did get your message - thank you for your reply and for wishing me luck. And, I am still getting HUNGRY (: We'll make it.. not to worry, right ? (:

Here I am, Here I am!!!

Okay....here are a few suggestions I have for pain, bruising and scars...

Pain... Try leaning into a pillow on your port side while sitting. And maybe couple that with a little heat from a heating pad. Also, liquid tylenol will help dull some of it from the get go.

Bruising... Gently massage the bruises. Not hard, like butterfly touches, I call this "whispering" the fingers over the skin. This helps the bruises to dissapear faster. Maybe it is an old wives tale, but I swear it worked on me.

Scars.... Very important that you be absolutely religious about this.... Vitamin E oil (pure, from the drug store) every night before bed. Yes, it can be a bit sticky at first, but give it a chance to dry and walk around naked or something to let it dry. Then, Cocoa Butter (pure, not just a lotion that has it in it) in the morning. I prefer Palmers Cocoa butter. Smells good, not too greasy. I swear you WILL notice a difference within 2 weeks if you do BOTH every day.

Regarding Pain, everyone has different thresholds of pain. I am a huge baby, but I am also a fast healer. When I did have a little pain, I was moaning and griping. When I didn't have the pain, I was running around and all about. Just know that no matter what threshold of pain you have, it will get better and better as time goes on.

Some people are out exercising and doing all sorts of activities around the second week. I was fine to do some walking around and shopping but there was NO way I was looking at any jiggling, bouncing or stressing until about the 2nd month.

Guest Marilyn

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope others will read, just in case they encounter some of what I experienced. Sometimes I forget: a doctor told me one time, that with Lupas, the pain I experience will be 'heightened'... I forget that. But, either way, I wish I had known the first week that I could have used a heating pad.

Have a great day. Bye, for a while.. but I will continue reading Q/A within the forum ..