problem foods and friendly foods

I've heard that after the procedure there are foods that give you problems and get stuck no matter what you do. Could some of you post a few that are disagreeable with you. Also, what about "friendly" foods you've found?

I've also read on this forum and it seems that six months post surgery is some sort of milestone for certain foods and drinks. Any thoughts about that?

Every person is different with respect to this. Personally I can eat anything in small amounts if I chew, chew, chew. Be careful with "friendly foods" For me, all the very bad things, candy and junk food, slide right on down!!! I'd call that very friendly! And very self-defeating. Here's hoping you have much luck on your journey! Nita

I've heard that after the procedure there are foods that give you problems and get stuck no matter what you do. Could some of you post a few that are disagreeable with you. Also, what about "friendly" foods you've found?

I've also read on this forum and it seems that six months post surgery is some sort of milestone for certain foods and drinks. Any thoughts about that?

The foods that "give you problems" are the one you are suppose to eat because !) you can't eat too much of them & 2) they tend to be the good foods for you in many cases: ie: chicken, beef, salad. As someone else said the friendly foods are the one to stay away from. Soft foods, ice cream, chocolate. It's kind of a hard concept to wrap your mind around in the beginning. The new full is stopping just short of that stuck feeling. For me the foods mentioned above must be taken in very small bites and chewed and chewed. Then you have to rest between bites because that stuck feeling can sneak up on you if you eat too fast. It's a matter of achieving the right fill and learning to let the band show you a new way of eating. The hard part is staying away from the evil friendly foods.