First fill with local fill doctor!

Hey everyone,

I just had my first fill today locally and it went very smoothly. She first injected the normal 4cc into my VG band and had me take sips of water to let her know how it's going down. Well, it kept sitting in my throat and little by little took some out and then I gurgled. She knew then when it let go and moved down after a sip at a time, when to stop. So, I ended up with 3.2cc. She said that was great because it showed I still had some restriction since surgery. I got the fill standing up! All I felt was the initial pinch when she stuck that needle in and then it was fine. The fill wasn't under flouro, but this doctor has a great reputation and knew what she was doing. Of course I was nervous, but all went fine.

Now I have to be on clear liquids for 24hrs and then mushies for 24hrs and then solid foods. OK...starving now! LOL

Peace,

Judy

Hey everyone,

I just had my first fill today locally and it went very smoothly. Of course I was nervous, but all went fine.

I'm happy for you Judy. May your weight loss pick right up again! Was your Dr. a fill centers Dr? If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost? I am going back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill, but I saw that a fill center is opening soon within 2 hours of me and I'm trying to get an idea of what people are paying.

Judy

Banded 7/9

I'm happy for you Judy. May your weight loss pick right up again! Was your Dr. a fill centers Dr? If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost? I am going back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill, but I saw that a fill center is opening soon within 2 hours of me and I'm trying to get an idea of what people are paying.

Judy

Banded 7/9

Hi Judy,

Congrats on your recent banding! I went to a fill doctor who takes care of patients who were banded in Mexico. She doesn't use fluoro but she is excellent in doing fills. I have heard Dr. Ortiz recommend her to his Oregon patients. She charges $180 for the first fill and $165 for fills after that. I am hoping to go back to TJ for my second fill around mid-October. I have good restriction now, but time will tell in three months. :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey and take care.

Judy

Hey everyone,

I just had my first fill today locally and it went very smoothly. She first injected the normal 4cc into my VG band and had me take sips of water to let her know how it's going down. Well, it kept sitting in my throat and little by little took some out and then I gurgled. She knew then when it let go and moved down after a sip at a time, when to stop. So, I ended up with 3.2cc. She said that was great because it showed I still had some restriction since surgery. I got the fill standing up! All I felt was the initial pinch when she stuck that needle in and then it was fine. The fill wasn't under flouro, but this doctor has a great reputation and knew what she was doing. Of course I was nervous, but all went fine.

Now I have to be on clear liquids for 24hrs and then mushies for 24hrs and then solid foods. OK...starving now! LOL

Peace,

Judy

Hi Judy

I'm looking for a good local fill Dr. in Portland who will do fills for Dr. Ortiz patients. Who did you see, if you feel ok about telling me!

Thanks

Joannar (to be banded August 6!)

Hi Judy

I'm looking for a good local fill Dr. in Portland who will do fills for Dr. Ortiz patients. Who did you see, if you feel ok about telling me!

Thanks

Joannar (to be banded August 6!)

Hi Joannar,

I have no problem telling you or anyone. LOL I saw Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick in Milwaukee. She is great! Reasonable too! She has a website - www.gastricbands.com and will have alot of info there too. I have heard from other Oregon patients that Dr. Ortiz recommends her for fills.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! Happy banding! I loved my experience with OCC and TJ. I want to go back so bad. :)

Peace,

Judy

Hip Hip Hooray!! 45 by 45! Excellent work. Woo hoo! Congrats!!