Hi Everybody! How's the weight falling?

I FINALLY got some of the DVD projects completed, so I have a little time left to breathe once again! My weightloss has slowed to a CRAWL. I think I lost 2 pounds last month. Yeah, REALLY crawling! I know I probably need a fill, but I'm trying to hold off until Sept. Last time I only got .08 cc's and it's just too expensive to drive that far, and pay that much for a fill that small. So, I'm hoping that this next time I will get a decent amount, and will FINALLY be at my sweet spot. How awesome THAT would be!!

So, let's hear it! How are the rest of you losers? I'm anxious to hear how much you've lost since I've been gone!

Donna

Donna, I was banded 7/18 and the first week the weight just fell off, I think 10 lbs. But then it has slowed down significantly and my total so far is 17 lb. I weighed about the same as you going in so I'll probably have the same type of results you are having. It would be nice to at least get under 200 in the next few months but I don't know. What are your eating habits like? Have you had any problems at all. I just started solids a couple of days ago and tried some whole wheat toast this AM - BIG MISTAKE !!! I never thought it would go down and it really hurt !!! I guess no bread of any kind for me. Yesterday I had some chips and salsa and it went down just fine, so did some bites of a flour tortilla. Anyway, I'm going back for my first fill Sept 4, back to Dr.Ortiz. Carol from Utah is going at the same time, she had surgery same day as me, so we'll have some Mexican food the night before for sure !!! Pam

I FINALLY got some of the DVD projects completed, so I have a little time left to breathe once again! My weightloss has slowed to a CRAWL. I think I lost 2 pounds last month. Yeah, REALLY crawling! I know I probably need a fill, but I'm trying to hold off until Sept. Last time I only got .08 cc's and it's just too expensive to drive that far, and pay that much for a fill that small. So, I'm hoping that this next time I will get a decent amount, and will FINALLY be at my sweet spot. How awesome THAT would be!!

So, let's hear it! How are the rest of you losers? I'm anxious to hear how much you've lost since I've been gone!

Donna

Donna, I was banded 7/18 and the first week the weight just fell off, I think 10 lbs. But then it has slowed down significantly and my total so far is 17 lb. I weighed about the same as you going in so I'll probably have the same type of results you are having. It would be nice to at least get under 200 in the next few months but I don't know. What are your eating habits like? Have you had any problems at all. I just started solids a couple of days ago and tried some whole wheat toast this AM - BIG MISTAKE !!! I never thought it would go down and it really hurt !!! I guess no bread of any kind for me. Yesterday I had some chips and salsa and it went down just fine, so did some bites of a flour tortilla. Anyway, I'm going back for my first fill Sept 4, back to Dr.Ortiz. Carol from Utah is going at the same time, she had surgery same day as me, so we'll have some Mexican food the night before for sure !!! Pam

Sounds like you are doing pretty good! My goal is DEFINITELY to get under 200 in the next few months! I can't WAIT to be 199!! I guess that will be my day of victory. I'll do a happy dance FOR SURE! I haven't weighed that since before my daughter was born 6 years ago!

What kind of foods do I eat? Well....I know I should eat better, but I want to eat normally too, not feel like I'm on a diet. I got this band so I wouldn't have to diet! LOL I eat pretty much whatever I want. I don't buy cookies, chips, or cakes. Those things go down VERY EASILY, so I don't let them come in my house. For the most part, if I fix spaghetti for the family, I have spaghetti. If we order pizza, I have pizza. I have added more salads though. They go down really well too, so I try not to add too much junk to them.

My biggest downfall is EXERCISE. I have always hated it. I know I'd probably lose faster if I exercised more, but I guess I'm just LAZY. I try to walk about 3 times a week. So, most likely your loss will be faster than mine! My cousin had this surgery almost 2 years ago. She lost VERY slow in the begining. SHe told me, she was going to be the ONLY person who couldn't lose weight after weightloss surgery! LOL

After her 3rd fill, she took off! THe weight just started falling off. She weighs less than the goal weight she set for herself, and is still losing! She's JUST like me, we could be sisters! She didn't do a lot of exercise either, and she never stopped eating the foods she loved. AND, she didn't limit the chips. SHe loves chips, and says she ate WAY too many. Nonetheless, she lost 80 pounds the first year!

So, I'm just looking forward to hitting my sweet spot!

Donna

One more thing, if you'd like to compare notes, (which is really discouraged) :o LOL You can check out my blog. I try to keep it up to date, and it kinda shows the timeline of my weightloss. If you're interested...

www.lapbandforlife.blogspot.com

Donna

Donna, Hi, I did check out your blog, you are very talented and also an awesome photographer !!! It sounds like we have a lot in common - I don't like to exercise either and I have not exercised yet. Walking would be my choice of exercise and it is just WAY too hot. Right now I am just starving, today I have eaten 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, a little bit of green pepper, tomatoes and some cheese mixed in. It was delicious but that was hours ago. Can't think of anything right now but the pizza that my daughter said she was ordering. No, can't do it !!! Pam

One more thing, if you'd like to compare notes, (which is really discouraged) :o LOL You can check out my blog. I try to keep it up to date, and it kinda shows the timeline of my weightloss. If you're interested...

www.lapbandforlife.blogspot.com

Donna

Donna, Hi, I did check out your blog, you are very talented and also an awesome photographer !!! It sounds like we have a lot in common - I don't like to exercise either and I have not exercised yet. Walking would be my choice of exercise and it is just WAY too hot. Right now I am just starving, today I have eaten 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, a little bit of green pepper, tomatoes and some cheese mixed in. It was delicious but that was hours ago. Can't think of anything right now but the pizza that my daughter said she was ordering. No, can't do it !!! Pam

Hi again! Do you want to know what my first solid meal was???? LOL This is bad, I know...PIZZA. Yep, we were out on the town, and my hubby decided to take us to the Pizza Ranch. I thought well, I can have some mashed potatoes/gravy, or something else soft. The potatoes went down just fine, and that pizza was staring me in the face!! Well, I did it! But, I chewed that pizza so much that I wasn't able to eat much at all, because my jaw was so tired! So, don't deprive yourself TOO much! You are probably like I was though. I didn't want to gain an ounce before my fill. Miraculously I DIDN'T. I ate what I wanted too!

Yes, walking is my exercise of choice, and I agree it is ENTIRELY too hot. I know that's no excuse when I have a treadmill downstairs, but oh well. I'm gonna TRY my best to do better! LOL

Donna

Hey Banding Sis! It looks like you are doing well Donna. 33 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at. I'm down 25.5 lbs. now and lately it seems to be dropping very steadily. I have a goal of 2 more lbs. before I start back to school on Sept. 4 and hopefully I'll make it. I'm with you, I don't eat like I'm on a diet, I just eat smaller portions of whatever supper is. We are just wrapping up our kitchen remodel and I can actually cook and bake again, so that could spell trouble for me though! My family still has no clue that I was banded because I've had no problems with PBing or anything like that. I just eat slowly and chew things to death. My husband is going to gain weight though if he keeps eating everything I can't finish...I had 1/2 a quesadilla the other night at a local carnival/food fair and he finished the rest, as well as his dinner too.

I keep thinking I should get a second fill, but since I'm losing I just figure I'll stick where I am at a 1.8 cc fill.

As for exercise, that's something I've been doing religiously. I hit the gym 5 days a week, usually do cardio a minimum of 3 days a week, weight lifting all five days, and then I added in a water aerobics class two days a week too. I don't think I'd be losing the weight without the exercise. I'm down to 177.2 lbs. and just loving it.

Time to head to the gym. Take care girl!

Janice/Twigs

Hey Banding Sis! It looks like you are doing well Donna. 33 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at. I'm down 25.5 lbs. now and lately it seems to be dropping very steadily. I have a goal of 2 more lbs. before I start back to school on Sept. 4 and hopefully I'll make it. I'm with you, I don't eat like I'm on a diet, I just eat smaller portions of whatever supper is. We are just wrapping up our kitchen remodel and I can actually cook and bake again, so that could spell trouble for me though! My family still has no clue that I was banded because I've had no problems with PBing or anything like that. I just eat slowly and chew things to death. My husband is going to gain weight though if he keeps eating everything I can't finish...I had 1/2 a quesadilla the other night at a local carnival/food fair and he finished the rest, as well as his dinner too.

I keep thinking I should get a second fill, but since I'm losing I just figure I'll stick where I am at a 1.8 cc fill.

As for exercise, that's something I've been doing religiously. I hit the gym 5 days a week, usually do cardio a minimum of 3 days a week, weight lifting all five days, and then I added in a water aerobics class two days a week too. I don't think I'd be losing the weight without the exercise. I'm down to 177.2 lbs. and just loving it.

Time to head to the gym. Take care girl!

Janice/Twigs

Hey Sis!

I'm finally down 36 pounds! YAAAYYY Sounds like you are doing really good too. Especially with the exercise! I know that you are glad that your kitchen is almost done! I'm going back for another fill around the first week of Sept. I think this one will find my "sweet spot."

I hope so anyway! I'm still at 1.08 cc's. Maybe I'll get a good one this time.

Talk to you soon!

Donna