Help Needed Desperate

I am in need of help with wieght loss or lack of it at this point. I am supposed to lose 30 pounds by Aug 20th to be able to have surgery. I have been eating 2 shakes and salad each day since July 24th. Everyone talks about losing a pound a day and how easy it is. I have only lost 12 pounds so far and have not cheated one time . I quit smoking and I am exercising. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I will not be able to have the surgery according to Dr. Miranda but she has not been clear about what I am to do to lose the weight by the 20th. She said I should have another shake. Am losing hope quickly. Any suggestions woud be greatly appreciated.

Mellow

I am in need of help with wieght loss or lack of it at this point. I am supposed to lose 30 pounds by Aug 20th to be able to have surgery. I have been eating 2 shakes and salad each day since July 24th. Everyone talks about losing a pound a day and how easy it is. I have only lost 12 pounds so far and have not cheated one time . I quit smoking and I am exercising. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I will not be able to have the surgery according to Dr. Miranda but she has not been clear about what I am to do to lose the weight by the 20th. She said I should have another shake. Am losing hope quickly. Any suggestions woud be greatly appreciated.

Mellow

I have similar worries, Mellow. I have been given a lower weight loss goal but I also have less time. She actually told you that if you didn't lose all 30 lbs that you wouldn't be able to have the surgery? I've worried because I've been trying hard to lose weight over the last couple months, and although my diet hasn't been as strict as the protein shakes diet it is, I'm still concerned about not being able to make that goal.

I started a similar thread ("Pre-Op Diet Instructions") and have had a few people respond reassuringly.

I have similar worries, Mellow. I have been given a lower weight loss goal but I also have less time. She actually told you that if you didn't lose all 30 lbs that you wouldn't be able to have the surgery? I've worried because I've been trying hard to lose weight over the last couple months, and although my diet hasn't been as strict as the protein shakes diet it is, I'm still concerned about not being able to make that goal.

I started a similar thread ("Pre-Op Diet Instructions") and have had a few people respond reassuringly.

Thanks Vex I'll go check it out. Yes, that is what I understood all 30 pounds. Good luck with your weight lose.

Mellow

If I were you I would call Dr.Ortiz or Dr.Martinez themselves and ask them. I only lost about 6 of the 11 I was supposed to lose and had the surgery. Don't take that as assurance that you will definately be OK'd to have the surgery if you don't lose, that was just my experience. She was not happy about it and let me know that. But if you are doing all you can, and it certainly sounds like you are, then I would certainly go straight to the surgeons for an answer !!

Thanks Vex I'll go check it out. Yes, that is what I understood all 30 pounds. Good luck with your weight lose.

Mellow