Find the pre op diet difficult? BE HONEST!

hotzzzzzing

#-o I HATE THIS PRE-OP DIET!!!!!! SEEMS LIKE I'M MORE OBSESSED THAN EVER ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!!!! My surgery is tomorrow, and I'm STARVING!!!!!!!!!! I have a headache!! And I'm in a bad mood!!! :angry:

Anyone else out there find the pre-op diet unbearable!!?? That "band" had better work!!!!!!!!!!!!

#-o I HATE THIS PRE-OP DIET!!!!!! SEEMS LIKE I'M MORE OBSESSED THAN EVER ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!!!! My surgery is tomorrow, and I'm STARVING!!!!!!!!!! I have a headache!! And I'm in a bad mood!!! :angry:

Anyone else out there find the pre-op diet unbearable!!?? That "band" had better work!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate to sound negative - but i agree with you 100%. i'm very, very hungry and i get headaches every day ( and it really is affecting my mood) i feel lightheaded and weak and nauseated. it got so bad this past weekend that i ate a peice of baked chicken and some green beans- and i felt bettter in about 10 minutes. my surgery is in a few days and im afraid that i have cheated too much :(.. help?.... :((

I can understand what you both are going through. The pre-op diet was sooooo miserable. Taking a fiber pill helped to make it a little easier as it gave my stomach something to munch on. Just think of it as getting your ready for the post-op diet which is a walk in the park by comparison. I never liked yogurt at all but on day four when I had my first yogurt it was the sweetest thing I had ever eaten in my entire life (and still is). I imagine it is what Ambrosia is supposed to taste like in Greek mythology.

[/quote

Without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are exactly where I was at the night before surgery, as a matter of fact, all the days leading up to surgery were difficult, but doable. Brace yourself though................................ the 21 days in the beginning are ok. Towards the end, you'll be begging for solids, anything chewy or food with substance. It was bad. BUT doable, because you dont want a slip.

The boards are great for that extra encouargement to help you get by. :) You can do it, but it will take some willpower the last few days. :(:)

Teri

I know I know. Banded July 23rd (Ortiz) I too suffered from "food longing". I watched my husband eat chicken wings and begged him to let me smell them and watch him eat. The view of the wings was so close I could hear the meat tear off the bone and cartilage. But then I guzzled a shake and 5 10 minutes later it was over. Right now I'm actually strugling with eating post-op. I've enjoyed the pre and post op weight loss and would like to continue at that pace. I know it's impossible but I'm a girl I dream. I'm trying to schedule my first fill a couple of wks from now. I'm enjoying the excercise but am worried I'm pushing myself so I did not go to the gym this am...maybe later today. Best wishes Yall!

flacajackie

Well, I got banded yesterday, and so far so good!! No hunger!! =D> I'm still in the hotel, so I'm going to order some broth right now.... Need to keep up strength, even tho not hungry!! YAY!!!! SO FAR, IT WORKS!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :-h

All you people just get over it!!! The pre-op is a piece of cake. What are you complaining about!!!

Now that I got everyone's attention... just kidding.. it does suck.. but so does being fat!!. In a very few days you will forget this part and focus on the rest of your life.. a lot longer life I might add... so go for a walk, keep busy and don't dwell the best you can. Keep that post -op liquid diet as long as you can and know that you have chosen the best medical team there is ... period.

Tom

2 weeks post op, and feeling hungry!! Was feeling great and not hungry!! What's up with my crazy body!!???????? I keep reading here about how much will power so many have after surgery!! I admit, I'm jealous. HOW DO YOU DO IT!!?? I spent a lot of money on this too!! I want to be healthy as well as feel and look great!! So, why did I eat a bagel and cream cheese this morning??!! #-o Other than hunger.....

2 weeks post op, and feeling hungry!! Was feeling great and not hungry!! What's up with my crazy body!!???????? I keep reading here about how much will power so many have after surgery!! I admit, I'm jealous. HOW DO YOU DO IT!!?? I spent a lot of money on this too!! I want to be healthy as well as feel and look great!! So, why did I eat a bagel and cream cheese this morning??!! #-o Other than hunger.....

Hi kim,

You are healing and so your swelling is going down and therefore your getting more open and ready to eat solid food. The hunger is the worst but the best thing you can do is follow all post-op directions and stay on the liquids for one more week. :) It really sucks I know. I bet that bagel didn't feel too great huh?

Good luck on your journey and hang in there! ;)

Peace,

Judy