Totally unfilled & still tight

Hello, I just was wondering if anyone has experienced this. I was totally unfilled a couple of weeks ago because I wasn't even able to get fluids down until like 2:00pm and eating was nearly impossible. Now I am able to get fluids down but still can't get food to go down until dinner. About 6:00pm. Then I can usually get my cup of food to settle. But with the total unfill I'm still wondering if I should be seen again by my doctor or wait and tough it out. Right now I do have some seasonal allergies but this was going on even before they started to act up. Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks!

Hello, I just was wondering if anyone has experienced this. I was totally unfilled a couple of weeks ago because I wasn't even able to get fluids down until like 2:00pm and eating was nearly impossible. Now I am able to get fluids down but still can't get food to go down until dinner. About 6:00pm. Then I can usually get my cup of food to settle. But with the total unfill I'm still wondering if I should be seen again by my doctor or wait and tough it out. Right now I do have some seasonal allergies but this was going on even before they started to act up. Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks!

I would go see my doctor just in case. Never take chances with your health.

Minnie, RN : )

Check back in with your doctor. Doesn't need to be a full on office visit but you should at least give him a call and discuss your concerns. Be sure to mention your allergies as that can cause swelling of the stomach.

Thanks!

Hi, It took me about a year to figure out why this was happening, and it took a female doctor to explain it to me. It has to do with your hormones, and the time of month it is. Your body goes through several phases which causes your stomach to swell, which is what is making you feel tight. In order for me to be more stable I was put on birthcontrol pills, and I take them continuously only menstrating every 5-6mths. This helped to stablize my hormone levels and then they were able to adjust my band accordingly. Although I can only take 1cc, I finally have a decent adjustment. I recommend you start keeping a diary of every day and how tight you are. You will notice that you are different every week. I hope this helps & Good Luck.