Nervous about solid food...

Okay, this may sound totally lame, but I am REALLY nervous about solid food. I still have 13 days on liquids (but who's counting) and I'm freaking out! I'm so nervous about the band moving, even as I drink my liquids, I'm constantly thinking, "Was that too big a sip? Did the band just move?" I know, I am a total neurotic freak. Lol. I really WANT solid food, I made tacos for my hubby and kids and I wanted one so bad that it almost killed me, but I am terrified! I didn't appreciate how wonderful food SMELLED until I couldn't have it, lol. I really want it, but it's frightening.

Is that first bite scary, or what?

Thanks,

Lauren (always stressing about something) :unsure:

Woah, whole lotta energy there! Everyone's nervous about that first bite and it's still almost two weeks away for you. Liquids shouldn't give you any problems whatsoever so long as you are adhering to the post-op diet. Just take it slow and easy as you go back onto solids. I started out with fish as it is soft and comes apart easily. You'll be fine and if a slip does happen, you will KNOW.

Woah, whole lotta energy there! Everyone's nervous about that first bite and it's still almost two weeks away for you. Liquids shouldn't give you any problems whatsoever so long as you are adhering to the post-op diet. Just take it slow and easy as you go back onto solids. I started out with fish as it is soft and comes apart easily. You'll be fine and if a slip does happen, you will KNOW.

Thanks.

I'm just kinda freaked out about having a foreign object in my belly, I think. I had some really hard hiccups last night and then I felt kind of sore all night because of them. Can hiccups make the band slip?

I'm just a super stressed out person, and I use to deal with it by eating, but I guess now I'll have to find another way. When I can start exercising, I'll probably use that to deal with all this stress. In the meantime, I'll just be obsessing away about this band. I just look forward to not being able to feel it in there like I can now.

~Lauren

If hiccups could make it slip, I think we'd all be in trouble :)

Seriously, 6 weeks after my surgery when it was time for my first fill, I went to Disneyland and Universal Studios and spent three days doing the roller coasters many many times. I asked the fill doctor before I did any of that and he said it would be no problem. Sure enough, I had a great time being thrown all over the place without any problems.

Lauren,

It sounds like you and I are a lot alike. I am having all that anxiety too and I am not being banded until Sept. 3! I stress about everything also to the point of getting sick. I need to just chill out. I am scared that I will be able to feel this foreign thing on my stomach and after reading your comment and I am more scared. I am here to support you as much as possible in your journey. Was your experience a good one with Dr. Ortiz?

Thanks!

Calli

Thanks.

I'm just kinda freaked out about having a foreign object in my belly, I think. I had some really hard hiccups last night and then I felt kind of sore all night because of them. Can hiccups make the band slip?

I'm just a super stressed out person, and I use to deal with it by eating, but I guess now I'll have to find another way. When I can start exercising, I'll probably use that to deal with all this stress. In the meantime, I'll just be obsessing away about this band. I just look forward to not being able to feel it in there like I can now.

~Lauren

OH Lauren!

You sound just like me! I went through ALL that too! I thought if I bent over it was gonna slip, if I belched it was gonna slip, if I drank too fast....SLIP. But guess what, 5 months later, it STILL hasn't, and as many times as I've gotten food STUCK :(( in the past months, if it was gonna slip...IT WOULD HAVE ALREADY!

Just remember they've done thousands of these! Also, they pulled part of your stomach up over the band, and stitched it in place. It's pretty safe there! But, you will worry for a while, and then one day you'll realize its really not going anywhere, and you'll rarely even think about it, unless your eating too fast, or taking BIG bites, then you'll think about it ABRUPTLY!! LOL :unsure:

First solid foods are not a biggie either! But you'll worry about that too until you've done it! Just remember, don't jump the gun! Wait until your liquid phase is DONE. This is not so much, due to getting food stuck, but that band has to make a groove in your stomach, and nothing solid needs to pass by there, until it has settled in place! You'll be fine. You worries are normal! I personally don't have another 8,000 dollars to run out and get another one, so I guess I really was scared of something happening to it!

Donna :)

Okay, this may sound totally lame, but I am REALLY nervous about solid food. I still have 13 days on liquids (but who's counting) and I'm freaking out! I'm so nervous about the band moving, even as I drink my liquids, I'm constantly thinking, "Was that too big a sip? Did the band just move?" I know, I am a total neurotic freak. Lol. I really WANT solid food, I made tacos for my hubby and kids and I wanted one so bad that it almost killed me, but I am terrified! I didn't appreciate how wonderful food SMELLED until I couldn't have it, lol. I really want it, but it's frightening.

Is that first bite scary, or what?

Thanks,

Lauren (always stressing about something) :unsure:

Lauren,

We all have walked in your shoes. First bite can be scary. You know how you anticipate a coming event like a vacation? Well think of it that way. When it happens it will be exiciting, planned, and at the right time. A clothes pin on the nose during a meal never hurt either. LOL.. Hang in there. It's worth it!

OH Lauren!

You sound just like me! I went through ALL that too! I thought if I bent over it was gonna slip, if I belched it was gonna slip, if I drank too fast....SLIP. But guess what, 5 months later, it STILL hasn't, and as many times as I've gotten food STUCK :(( in the past months, if it was gonna slip...IT WOULD HAVE ALREADY!

Just remember they've done thousands of these! Also, they pulled part of your stomach up over the band, and stitched it in place. It's pretty safe there! But, you will worry for a while, and then one day you'll realize its really not going anywhere, and you'll rarely even think about it, unless your eating too fast, or taking BIG bites, then you'll think about it ABRUPTLY!! LOL :unsure:

First solid foods are not a biggie either! But you'll worry about that too until you've done it! Just remember, don't jump the gun! Wait until your liquid phase is DONE. This is not so much, due to getting food stuck, but that band has to make a groove in your stomach, and nothing solid needs to pass by there, until it has settled in place! You'll be fine. You worries are normal! I personally don't have another 8,000 dollars to run out and get another one, so I guess I really was scared of something happening to it!

Donna :)

Yes, Donna, that's EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now!! All of those things you said. It's funny because I think about my band about every 30 seconds, whereas I used to think about food every 30 seconds! I've wanted this band for so long, that I'm just so afraid to lose it and all the hope for a better and healthier life that came along with it.

CalKev, I should definitely think about a clothes pin on the nose when I cook for the family! Lol.

Thanks guys, you all made me feel better, and not so insane! =D>

~Lauren