Doing something wrong.

Hi all,

When I was banded in November I weighed 195 (I am 5'3"). Today all these months later I weigh 183. I am hungry. I had my first fill early January. It was good at first. Now I can again eat anything and it seems to me way too much quantity before I get a stop signal...which for me is shoulder pain or hiccups usually.

I have had one PB....because I tried some french fries at a fast food joint to see what would happen. UGH.

I know one thing I am doing wrong is drinking after I eat. How do you get used to NOT drinking with food?????

I am going to get another fill and I hope that restriction will help me make better choices. I feel like a total failure because its like I don't even have a band at all. I haven't lost....I can eat what I want with NO problems.....VERY depressing.

I am sorry to be such a whiner.....but, I fly 6 hours to get to TJ....it is a long, expensive trip.....and some days I feel like I have thrown away all this money. I know it is MY fault and not the band or the dr.....but, still I can't believe my pathetic results.

Thanks for listening.

Hi all,

When I was banded in November I weighed 195 (I am 5'3"). Today all these months later I weigh 183. I am hungry. I had my first fill early January. It was good at first. Now I can again eat anything and it seems to me way too much quantity before I get a stop signal...which for me is shoulder pain or hiccups usually.

I have had one PB....because I tried some french fries at a fast food joint to see what would happen. UGH.

I know one thing I am doing wrong is drinking after I eat. How do you get used to NOT drinking with food?????

I am going to get another fill and I hope that restriction will help me make better choices. I feel like a total failure because its like I don't even have a band at all. I haven't lost....I can eat what I want with NO problems.....VERY depressing.

I am sorry to be such a whiner.....but, I fly 6 hours to get to TJ....it is a long, expensive trip.....and some days I feel like I have thrown away all this money. I know it is MY fault and not the band or the dr.....but, still I can't believe my pathetic results.

Thanks for listening.

1949[/snapback]

I try to make an effort to drink right before the meal. I make up some Crystal Light at home or have a glass of water or tea if dining out. Then I tell myself no more liquids until an hour after I eat. It is one of the hardest things for me also. But if you drink it flushes the food through and you will not stay satisfied.

Good Luck. Also remember Natalie told me it was at her 6 mo point that her weight really started coming off. She was a slow loser at first. Look at her now. She is beautiful.

Hang in There!!

Does sound like you may need to be tighter. The drinking after you eat is definitely a problem. It is hard I know. I try and get "busy" with anything I can right after I eat so I dont think about it. A year later, and it is still hard. This one is a toughie for sure. That's about all the suggestions I can offer.

Sometimes you need to whine and just let yourself feel bad and then after that - take some action to change your situation. I wanted you to know I was close to you in weight/height when i had surgery in nov 2005. Ialso had my first fill in january and have lost a total of 9lbs since the fill. It has been very slow and a huge learning curve. It sounds like you may need a fill - why don't you call the doctor to discuss. And, I know the cost is high - have you explored a local fill with a competetent doctor? And congrats on only one PB - I've had several stuck episodes so you must be chewing good and eating slow - that's great and a huge learning. Not drinking is also THe hardest thing for me - even more then giving up diet orange soda but I just force myself and watch the clock and drink exactly one hour later - it is hard but i know you can do it. Maybe start with no drinking after breakfast and builld up from there. Please don't give up on yourself - you can make this work for you. The fills are really the most important part and are the way the band works so you are not doing anything bad - you just need to keep moving forward in your journey - don't give up on yourself.

Hello, My name is Kathy and I am going to get banded in a few more months. I am scared but ready to do this. Can I ask you what doctor you used in T.J.??????

Hi all,

Thanks for listening.

1949[/snapback]

Hello, My name is Kathy and I am going to get banded in a few more months. I am scared but ready to do this. Can I  ask you what doctor you used in T.J.??????

1953[/snapback]

Kathy, this entire board is a Dr. Ortiz forum. 99% of us are all Dr. Ortiz patients. His website is www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

Kathy, this entire board is a Dr. Ortiz forum.  99% of us are all Dr. Ortiz patients.  His website is www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

1955[/snapback]

Chickenfarmer... definitely call Dr.Ortiz's office and see if they can give you a referral to a doctor in your area... if you look on this board, under the general discussions, there is a post called "Lower BMI" In there, one of the replies talks about someone who went for a fill by someone in the US that Dr. Ortiz trained... not sure where it is, but my guess is they got the name from his office... you may have to drive a few hours to get to the doc, but its better than a flight to TJ... also, it really just sounds like you need more fill... the moment I have enough fill, everything seems to work better... think of this as an experiment to find what works for you... it's hard when you spend the $$ and want the weight loss so badly, but you really have to look at this long term, not short term... you have to discover how you and the band work best together and once you find that, the weight will come off.

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! This is my first time in this forum and when I read your posting I thought you were describing me! I am also 5'3 and had my surgery in November. My starting weight was 185. By the time of my first fill I had lost only 5 pounds. I too felt the pangs of guilt and failure. I had my second fill and am at 173 lbs. It's really difficult right now because I can hardly eat or drink anything. When i get frustrated i remind myself that I was rounding the corner to 200 lbs. and now I am actually further away from that number. And even though I still think I will wake up skinny one morning, I know its not a race. It will happen for me...and you as well.

Good luck!

Hi all,

Thanks for listening.

1949[/snapback]