Hi, I am researching the procedure and would like to get banded but I am a little scare. I had lost and put on several times 40 or 50 lbs. Can't maintain.

My BMI is 34, need to loose at least 50 or 60 now before other parts of my body start giving up...

My question: has anybody stayed on ideal weght for a year or so ( maintain weight) after reaching the goal?

Is there anybody that had the band put on in 2003? and how are you doing?

and finally what is the gall bloader pain you guys are talking about? I thought I will "feel" full like after eating in one of those buffets in Vegas ( hehe).

Thanks,

crazycibertalk

I think this forum is fairly new. I would try www.lapbandtalk.com for more years of experience. Unfortunately, I don't think I know of anyone on there that has been over 5-6 years banded (and only a handful) , but they may have the answers you seek.

I was that BMI and lost the 50-60 lbs in the first 6 months, and I am nearly a year out and still maintaining. As long as I have the band, I can't imagine gaining it back.

I think this forum is fairly new.  I would try www.lapbandtalk.com for more years of experience.  Unfortunately, I don't think I know of anyone on there that has been over 5-6 years banded (and only a handful) , but they may have the answers you seek.

I was that BMI and lost the 50-60 lbs in the first 6 months, and I am nearly a year out and still maintaining.  As long as I have the band, I can't imagine gaining it back.

1976[/snapback]

Thank you Jenna.

Just the thought of spending so much money and gaining the weght back is scaring me.

My mind is a triger and already thinking that ice crea, penut buter, jelly, apple sauce will go pretty good and is so easy for me to indulge on that food....

how the band stop you not to get into that or if you eat an ice cream how do you know that the second cup will not go down?

Thanks

Ice cream will slide right down I hate to break it to ya. The band will not restrict the crappy choices of easily fattening foods, you have to make the choices. It just gives you a full feeling on solid foods. Liquids and creamy stuff slides right through! But if you choose ice cream, you will hardly ever feel full on ice cream. Believe me, I went on a bender last week of Hot Fudge Sundaes and fell completely off my weight loss wagon, then got run over by another passing by weight loss wagon. I caught the very next wagon though and now I am trying to make better choices. The band only works as well as you want it to. If you want to eat around it, you can. If you really want to diet and lose the weight, the band will help you achieve that. But the band is definitely some work, but it does do its job if you want it to.

Try going to LBT to search around. You can get way more information than here as many more members are there from all over the world.