Hunger pains

Hannahbet

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I had my lap band three weeks ago. I've had some of the same struggles

that some of you mentioned as well. I just went for my first check up with my surgeon and weigh in.

I'm to go back in three weeks and he told me that I could start a regular diet. I'm starting the three

meals a day thing and trying to choose the healthiest foods possible. Are any of you feeling extreme

hunger pains in between meals? Also, after two and a half weeks I keep experiencing air in my stomach that

extends up into the shoulders. Do any of you have this? My typical diet now is Low Carb Slim Fast with protein added,

one glass of orange juice. At lunch I usually have a half a sandwich and at dinner I have veggie soup and Atkins Advantage Shake. In between I drink water, Crystal Light and sugar free pop cycles. Why would I still feel so hungry in between?

I'm no doctor, but if you're having problem with gas pains, I'd cut out the OJ - at least for now.

I'd also not eat the sandwich. Double up on whatever protein you're putting IN the sandwich. Proteins will stick around in your tummy longer than a carb like bread.

Also realize that right now you're not restricted so you won't really feel any less hunger than before. Even when you ARE restricted you'll have times of hunger.

Besides the OJ and the bread, sounds like you're doing great, but be sure to check with your doctor for specifics of what/when you should eat and realize that what works for one person might not work for everyone else. I've found there's a lot of trial and error, lol.

BTW, I've found that a small handful (10) of almonds helps me during some of the "hunger pang" times. :)

I'm no doctor, but if you're having problem with gas pains, I'd cut out the OJ - at least for now.

I'd also not eat the sandwich. Double up on whatever protein you're putting IN the sandwich. Proteins will stick around in your tummy longer than a carb like bread.

Also realize that right now you're not restricted so you won't really feel any less hunger than before. Even when you ARE restricted you'll have times of hunger.

Besides the OJ and the bread, sounds like you're doing great, but be sure to check with your doctor for specifics of what/when you should eat and realize that what works for one person might not work for everyone else. I've found there's a lot of trial and error, lol.

BTW, I've found that a small handful (10) of almonds helps me during some of the "hunger pang" times. :)

Thanks so much!!!! hannahbet

• 4 weeks later...

My hunger pains between meals was severe! The shoulder pain seemed to be worse then, too. I hear slim fast makes you gassy.

I tried to keep something in my stomach in between meals. It may have been wrong but it helped. I was waking up in the night with the pain so I would go and eat a cracker.

Gas-X did not help me AT all! But a cracker always did.