Banding and Scarring

I have made the decision to be banded in December. I am REALLY concerned about scarring. I am so lookng forward to one day going to the beach and being able to take off my shirt and do as others do. I am so very self conscious.

Can you tell me how your incisions look and how they healed? I would appreciate it. I am very excited and I have no worries about having the surgery itself. I am just worried about the scars.

I look forward to your reply.

I have made the decision to be banded in December. I am REALLY concerned about scarring. I am so lookng forward to one day going to the beach and being able to take off my shirt and do as others do. I am so very self conscious.

Can you tell me how your incisions look and how they healed? I would appreciate it. I am very excited and I have no worries about having the surgery itself. I am just worried about the scars.

I WAS BANDED JUST OVER A YEAR AGO, ALL THE SCARS ARE GONE BUT THE PORT WHICH IS HARDLY NOTICABLE, IF NOTICABLE AT ALL

Hi Christopher, I was banded 2 1/2 weeks ago. I shared your concern, not because I plan to get into a 2-piece - ever - but I keloid (raised scars post-surgery) quite badly and was concerned about the scars showing through a think shirt, especially the larger one(about 2 in.).

Well, Dr. Ortiz must have "plastic surgeons'" hands too because already my scars are flat - and although they are still red (which is good for my skin!), I can already see that they will be flat so perfectly camouflageable if I ever decide to go "bare" in the middle.

If in the worst case scenario they do still show for you, there are many products out there (waterproof) that help you camouflage scars, by the way. I know it's not what a man probably likes to hear, but it can be hidden, whereas our "extra tire(s)" around the middle can't! :rolleyes:

I was banded Nov. 30, 2006. I've reached my goal weight and my scar is less than 1/2 in long and very light and I've got that excessively light Irish skin that everything shows on. When people ask I actually show them and they can't beleive that is all there is. The 4 punctures and completely gone can't see them at all. You have nothing to worry about, scarring is so minimal you actually have to know to look for it.