Bus / Trolley Directions to OCC

Does anyone remember where the directions are posted?

I'm headed back down to TJ next Monday the 24th to have my port repositioned. I'm not having it done until Tuesday so I figured I'd make my own way down from the airport. I know there were some good directions posted somewhere in a post.

I know there's a bus to the trolley and then trolley down to the border, so I'm not all that concerned.

Anyone else going down there the 24th-26th for a fill or surgery? I'll be hanging around OCC and the Lucerna for a couple of days.

Roger

Does anyone remember where the directions are posted?

I'm headed back down to TJ next Monday the 24th to have my port repositioned. I'm not having it done until Tuesday so I figured I'd make my own way down from the airport. I know there were some good directions posted somewhere in a post.

I know there's a bus to the trolley and then trolley down to the border, so I'm not all that concerned.

Anyone else going down there the 24th-26th for a fill or surgery? I'll be hanging around OCC and the Lucerna for a couple of days.

Roger

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=725

HAVE A SAFE TRIP ROGER AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR SURGERY COMES OUT :)

• 3 weeks later...
So, if you want to get back from the border to the airport, can you just do the same thing in reverse? I am going down for a fill on Oct. 11, and have decided to try the bus/trolley.

The bus/trolley route is real easy. Buy a $5 all day pass and you can go anywhere all day. $9 gets you a 2 day pass. The only bad thing is going back over to the USA at the border. It can be PITA sometimes, lots of people go back and forth, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the worst. So allow yourself a lot of extra time to get back into the USA and back to the airport. Thursdays shouldn't be as bad as the other days I mentioned. I've done it the walk across a half dozen times. I like doing the walk and think of it as an adventure. LOL, If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

The bus/trolley route is real easy. Buy a $5 all day pass and you can go anywhere all day. $9 gets you a 2 day pass. The only bad thing is going back over to the USA at the border. It can be PITA sometimes, lots of people go back and forth, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the worst. So allow yourself a lot of extra time to get back into the USA and back to the airport. Thursdays shouldn't be as bad as the other days I mentioned. I've done it the walk across a half dozen times. I like doing the walk and think of it as an adventure. LOL, If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

So when you walk across, you can catch a trolley or bus there at the border to get you back to the airport? I don't think it will be too bad to do that, but I will actually be coming back on Saturday so will just have to plan to leave early. I will take a taxi to the border, walk across then catch the bus?

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to the OCC for the first time in ten days. I was planning to drive and leave my car at the Mexicoach and then take a cab. Is that a good plan? The coordinator said that USA auto insurance is not valid in Mexico. Thanks for advice,

OCC gets you a "shortcut" in the line for the border, so maybe you could work out a place for their van to pick you up and drop you off, since airport transportation is included in the price of surgery. The clinic is a short walk from the border, but as others have said, the walk through the border crossing on the way back to the US can be a pain, especially if you just had surgery. A car trip through isn't too bad from what I have heard, but I would think the OCC van is the quickest way.

There are places all over San Ysidro to get short term Mexican car insurance, but the parking can be difficult. The clinic has an underground parking garage but it is usually full. I don't think I would want to drive to the hotel; drivers in the circle by the hotel are really crazy.