Am I moving to Fast

Hello out there.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had there surgery only 5 weeks after finding out about Dr. Ortiz.?

I have been looking for a Dr. in the states but no one would do me. I had to be 100lbs over or 40 BMI.

A friend told me about this forum and her experience and I signed up to have surgery October 11th. I have

already booked the flights and sent my down payment. Now I am having seconds thoughts, did I move to fast?

or should I just go for it.

Can I have some input on this.

Thanks

Newme63

Right now I'm scheduled for October 10. Hope to see you there.

I think we all go through doubts. After all, this entails a real lifestyle change. I went to a psychologist (insurance requirement) and he kept asking me what I was going to do to fill my time besides go out to eat (he suggested more sex)(sorry Corey!) But I do feel nervous flutters when I think about how I will have to start living my life a lot differently. However, that's better than continuing to damage my health and self esteem by continuing past practices.

Right now I'm scheduled for October 10. Hope to see you there.

I think we all go through doubts. After all, this entails a real lifestyle change. I went to a psychologist (insurance requirement) and he kept asking me what I was going to do to fill my time besides go out to eat (he suggested more sex)(sorry Corey!) But I do feel nervous flutters when I think about how I will have to start living my life a lot differently. However, that's better than continuing to damage my health and self esteem by continuing past practices.

OH GOD MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello out there.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had there surgery only 5 weeks after finding out about Dr. Ortiz.?

I have been looking for a Dr. in the states but no one would do me. I had to be 100lbs over or 40 BMI.

A friend told me about this forum and her experience and I signed up to have surgery October 11th. I have

already booked the flights and sent my down payment. Now I am having seconds thoughts, did I move to fast?

Thanks

Newme63

I found out about Dr. Ortiz, called and spoke to Carolyn two days later and scheduled my surgery for 4 weeks from then! It did seem fast, but I was so excited that to wait longer would have been excruciating! Dr. O and his staff are AWESOME! My surgery was Aug. 20th and I'm doing fine! Looking forward to my first fill.

Good Luck! (though I doubt you'll need it!)

Take care,

Lauren

Hello out there.

Thanks

Newme63

[Hi!

I found out about Dr. Ortiz on August 10 and had surgery on August 29! No worries, you will be fine. 2nd guessing yourself is totally normal - not as much for the procedure, but because it will require us to change the way we view food. I feel great, except that at the moment I am hungry all the time and can pretty much eat anything I want until I get filled in four long weeks!!!

One word of advice: Do not take that last meal mentality as I did! Frankly, I am 3 weeks post-op and can eat just about anything - so the surgery doesn't necessarily define the end of eating as you know it (YET! I hope that filling my band will help get some restriction) If I had known, I would have probably been far more compliant on my pre-op diet!

Best of success

Danielle

I found out about Dr. Ortiz, called and spoke to Carolyn two days later and scheduled my surgery for 4 weeks from then! It did seem fast, but I was so excited that to wait longer would have been excruciating! Dr. O and his staff are AWESOME! My surgery was Aug. 20th and I'm doing fine! Looking forward to my first fill.

Good Luck! (though I doubt you'll need it!)

Take care,

Lauren

HI, I was wondering what your WT was the day you got banded? I dont even know if i should ask ....so sorry if i goofed!!!!! Please tell me do you get hungey when you cook ? how often do you get hungry? I am nurvous about the whole experence!!!! Good job on your WT loss!!!!!Thank XoXOXOna

HI, I was wondering what your WT was the day you got banded? I dont even know if i should ask ....so sorry if i goofed!!!!! Please tell me do you get hungey when you cook ? how often do you get hungry? I am nurvous about the whole experence!!!! Good job on your WT loss!!!!!Thank XoXOXOna

When I was banded, my weight was 263. It's okay to ask, so don't worry! Lol. I lost about 9 more while on the liquid diet after surgery, but now I've gained about 2 pounds back since being on solids, which I'm hoping is due to water retention for girly reasons. Lol. I'm a little discouraged, but I'll have my first fill in a few weeks and hopefully that will change things. Right now I can pretty much eat as much as I did before surgery.

Trust me, I was SO nervous before surgery! That's normal, but once you get there, you'll see all is fine!

Good Luck!

~Lauren

Hello out there.

Thanks

Newme63

Your so lucky that you are only having to wait for a few weeks. I had to wait 2 1/2 months because of social commitments. If really want this surgery, the best thing to do is just think positive and don't look back. Think of how great you're going to feel and look. It's really a wonderful journey to the new you. Just hold on and go for it. You're going to love it.

New Dawn

[Hi!

I found out about Dr. Ortiz on August 10 and had surgery on August 29! No worries, you will be fine. 2nd guessing yourself is totally normal - not as much for the procedure, but because it will require us to change the way we view food. I feel great, except that at the moment I am hungry all the time and can pretty much eat anything I want until I get filled in four long weeks!!!

One word of advice: Do not take that last meal mentality as I did! Frankly, I am 3 weeks post-op and can eat just about anything - so the surgery doesn't necessarily define the end of eating as you know it (YET! I hope that filling my band will help get some restriction) If I had known, I would have probably been far more compliant on my pre-op diet!

Best of success

Danielle

Danielle....I'm so right there with you. I cannot wait until my October 8th fill. October 8th will mark my 6 week mark since surgery. I need to buckle down and drink more protein shakes. It's so discouraging having this no restriction feeling and need to slap myself and get back to my goal which is a healthy life change. Just because we CAN eat it doesn't mean we should and I am guilty as you are of doing that. I need to start dedicating more time to this forum because I believe by coming on here everyday helps me focus on why I got the band, ya know? Keep me updated and good luck with everything!!

Hello out there.

Thanks

Newme63

Once I decided on Dr. Ortiz I had a confirmed surgery date within 3 days and my surgery was within 5 weeks.

I had wasted so much time fighting with the insurance company that I was thrilled to get a surgery date that did not seem like a distant dream.

If you are having second thoughts I recommend to continue to read this wonderful forum. Personally, the more I read

the more I was comfortable I was with my desicion and my choice of the OCC. :) I feel so good now - and am getting smaller

everyday-and I would do it all again tommorow. I go back for my first fill October 4th. I have taken meds for high blood presure

for 17 years and as of last Monday I am off all of them. All I take now is a multi-vitamin.

My surgery went so well that my mom and my aunt have chosen the OCC and will be get thier bands next month.

Not too quick at all. My best friend and I contacted OCC on 4/10/07 and were both banded on 4/23/07. In 5 months I've lost 70# (start wt 272#) and my best friend has lost 48#(start wt 290#). It has changed my life completely!! I've had 4 fills since the surgery (downside to a 10cc band). My band is nice and tight now. The weight has slowed a bit this last month, but I'm completely fine with that and enjoying my new body. My hubby says it's like seeing/being with a new person every day. The band has changed my life and I can't wait to see what the next few months bring as well. My goal was to lose 120# in one year. Only 50 more to go and 7 months to do it.

Congrats on your decision. I truly hope it changes your life like it has mine!!