So disgusted...

Okay, I'm gonna gripe a little. I'm usually a positive cheery voice, but NOT TODAY! I'm so frustrated! I have 2.5 ccs in my 4cc band, and NO restriction. I just got my 3rd fill Saturday, and I watched as the barium STOPPED, and didn't go ANYWHERE. Then after removing a few drops it began to go through slowly. So, I'm thinking...this is GOOD, a WHOLE cc. I'm gonna have restriction THIS time for SURE.

But ya know, I STILL don't have restriction! :angry: I don't think I've EVER experienced restriction, and now I'm beginning to wonder if I EVER will!!! I only have 1.5 cc's to go before I'm at 4cc's! What is the deal???? I can eat anything, and I don't know WHY. I had more restriction in the very beginning, when I didn't even HAVE ANYTHING in my band. Anyone have a clue what is going on? Anyone out there been through this, and want to give me some advice???

Thanks,

Donna

I'm with you Donna... Take a look at my history (my signature), I'm at 3.5cc's and I'm experiencing some restriction, but hardly any weight loss, and I'm eating very healthy, walking, and everything else I am supposed to do!!! If anyone has any input, it would be appreciated!

Kristy

Okay, I'm gonna gripe a little. I'm usually a positive cheery voice, but NOT TODAY! I'm so frustrated! I have 2.5 ccs in my 4cc band, and NO restriction. I just got my 3rd fill Saturday, and I watched as the barium STOPPED, and didn't go ANYWHERE. Then after removing a few drops it began to go through slowly. So, I'm thinking...this is GOOD, a WHOLE cc. I'm gonna have restriction THIS time for SURE.

But ya know, I STILL don't have restriction! :angry: I don't think I've EVER experienced restriction, and now I'm beginning to wonder if I EVER will!!! I only have 1.5 cc's to go before I'm at 4cc's! What is the deal???? I can eat anything, and I don't know WHY. I had more restriction in the very beginning, when I didn't even HAVE ANYTHING in my band. Anyone have a clue what is going on? Anyone out there been through this, and want to give me some advice???

Thanks,

Donna

Take a deeeeeep breath, Donna... Relax, you are doing SO well... 37 pounds in 5 months is great!!! Just be sure you are exercising, eating enough protein and drinking enough water...

I understand where you are completely though! I am at 6.4 cc's in a 10 cc band and still do not think I have enough restriction. Give it a little time, I have heard of fills not "taking" for two weeks... Fills are a fine science, 2.5 cc's may not be enough, but 2.7 might be too much... It is weird, but that is how it works. If we are both in the same boat in a month, we can ride back up for another fill!

If you need to talk, you have my number! ><'

Getting the right fill level is a bit of trial and error...I have a question for you though: Are you drinking while eating? I know in my own experience that I can eat almost anything if I drink while I eat. I've committed to not doing that anymore and it has made a HUGE difference. The scales are going down again! If that's not your problem, I would say just give it some time. After all, any weight loss is good news...just think, its weight you aren't EVER going to see again! Good Luck!

It could be worse...you could have moved to another country and can't find a fill doctor to save your life. Oh wait, that's me. :blink:

Donna,

I really know how you feel! You've lost 10 more lbs. than me, but I've been on a plateau again for the past month or so now. I had my second fill, bringing me up to 2.3 cc and the only thing I feel restriction on is breads. I can eat anything else with little to no restriction and I know I'm overeating at meals. I am not drinking with my meals. In fact, I water load with ice water before I eat in hopes that the cold water will "tighten" me up. I'm getting down 8-10 glasses of water every day, eating my proteins as prescribed, but still find I am eating too much. I'm even on my TOM and that still hasn't helped tighten things up, but sure has made me think about food constantly!

To top it off, I'm back to work and still haven't gotten myself into the routine of hitting the gym regularly afterwards. I'm just making it a few times a week and my goal is no less than four workouts per week. I'm really falling down in that area too.

I guess I need to get back to the fill doc on the other side of the mtns. and get another .2 cc. That's all I can get per blind fill from now on. I'm thinking I need to be "sick" one day at work next week and make the trip once more. I need to get my fill to where it can do me some good before the snow hits the Cascades because after that a trip to the west side means taking at least two days. Otherwise, I can make the trip in an 8 or 9 hour round trip. Yes, that's a long day, but as you know from the pictures I sent you after my last fill trip, it is absolutely beautiful.

Enough bitching from me. I know we'll both get to that magic fill number and the weight will come off, but I guess we are both impatient and want it to happen yesterday! :)

Janice

Hi Donna,

I too completely understand your frustration. I had only lost 30 lbs after 9 months post op. I am lucky that i have decent restriction most days but some days i could eat the whole house!! I was eating so much less than what i used to eat and couldnt understand why i wasnt losing (but i guess that was still too much food)... I went in for my 1 year physical and basically my family doctor chewed me a new one... he asked what i was eating, how much exercise etc... he was very disappointed that i had spent so much and lost so little. At the time i wasnt counting calories much and exercising about 3 days a week. He put me on a 1200 calorie a day diet and made me kick up the cardio workout to 5 days aweek. Since the beginning of August i have been faithfully counting my calories and staying under 1200 and working out like crazy. Its working.. i broke thru my plateau and have lost 14 lbs since then.

I guess i never really understood that i would still have to diet and put in the exercise time. i figured if i just cut back on the food intake the band would eventually do the work for me. At first i was upset thinking i could have done this hard work without the band, but since i am a yoyo dieter and have gained and lost 100 lbs twice before i now feel very confident this will be the last time i have to diet like crazy to lose the 100 lbs and then the band will help me maintain.

I hope you find good restriction soon, that is the first key to success, the rest is pure diet and exercise. Don't give up - this will work for you and the 37 lbs gone are gone for good.

That is a great start!!

Kim

Thanks for all the replies, and words of encouragement!

Kris- I usually try not to drink while eating meals, but sometimes I just HAVE to have a sip of something. Of course the "sometimes" could be a little more frequent than I think. So, you're right, I need to watch that.

Lynn- Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know I'm just REALLY impatient. Also, I'm thinking that the barium mixture was a little thicker this time. I'm wondering if that could have made me SEEM tight while I was there, and then NO restriction when I got home. I'm gonna ask him about that, next time!

Kym- I'm terrible about exercising. I HATE IT. I know I need to do a better job of that, and watching calories, but I STILL want to experience some restriction. I think it will be a little easier to do what I'm "supposed" to do, if I have restriction.

Janice- I guess I should stop freaking out. It's just that my mom keeps asking how much weight have you lost? Is that surgery not gonna work?? Be glad you didn't tell anyone! LOL

Kristy- I would REALLY be peeved if I was working at it, as hard as you are, and not seeing results. Hang in there, it's got to come off EVENTUALLY.

Thanks everyone,

Donna

Thanks for all the replies, and words of encouragement!

Kris- I usually try not to drink while eating meals, but sometimes I just HAVE to have a sip of something. Of course the "sometimes" could be a little more frequent than I think. So, you're right, I need to watch that.

Lynn- Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know I'm just REALLY impatient. Also, I'm thinking that the barium mixture was a little thicker this time. I'm wondering if that could have made me SEEM tight while I was there, and then NO restriction when I got home. I'm gonna ask him about that, next time!

Kym- I'm terrible about exercising. I HATE IT. I know I need to do a better job of that, and watching calories, but I STILL want to experience some restriction. I think it will be a little easier to do what I'm "supposed" to do, if I have restriction.

Janice- I guess I should stop freaking out. It's just that my mom keeps asking how much weight have you lost? Is that surgery not gonna work?? Be glad you didn't tell anyone! LOL

Kristy- I would REALLY be peeved if I was working at it, as hard as you are, and not seeing results. Hang in there, it's got to come off EVENTUALLY.

Thanks everyone,

Donna

It's ok. At least you don't have to go workout for it to come off! :D Always look at the bright side. Heck I only lose a couple pounds a month but I don't have to do a DAMN THING!!! YA YA!!!!

Nick

www.aigb.com

www.trueresults.com

Donna,

You WILL find the right restriction. It can get very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To little fill, to much fill, the right amount of fill, then poof, it's gone, just after it was right for a week or so. It's bazzar half the time. Some people who get banded and are filled "just right" have a tough time understanding what it's like. I have been there. I can eat anything and everything at 3.5cc/3.6cc (and a lot of it). But at 3.7cc I have great restriction every day. And, a "cc" is so tiny, you wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it does. Hang in there. You will get there, and I hope it is with very few fills.

Teri

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me. You need to have your fills done gradually. If you overfill it you will be back in to see the doctor the next day. I've been at this for 4.5 years, and getting the right fill is TRICKY. Be careful that you don't progress too fast. Patience is a virtue.