choices

chrissysdolphin

I am sorry that the purpose of this forum is being used for "tough love" that is not what these people need. I have had my band for over a year. Although I am not a teen I would like you to understand that age does not matter in how we all react differently to the band. This tool has different effects. What you can and can't eat how you handle your fills and unfills and emotions. My husband was at a point where he wanted me to get the band taken out because of the continous vomiting while I figured out different things I could eat. One day food goes down and the next day the same thing does not work. We all have to learn what works for us. Please get to the first fill before you get so upset with getting this surgery. Try to eat everything at least once just remember to chew and eat slow. My family eats so fast that I feel guilty when I am hardly 1/2 way through and they are waiting for me but they say enjoy your food and we have great discussions about life instead of rushing to be done and get one to life.It will be better when you get to a happy weight for you just be positive.

CD,

If you are referring to silver wasp's thread, I'm guessing it was a fake. Nobody is that whiny! I think it is likely that the poster was just trying to get a rise out of us bandsters. Either that, or he has emotional problems way beyond just having difficulty with the band, and probably should not have been banded before resolving his emotional problems. And yes, I said problems, not "issues."

If you re read Tom's post, the guy also sent him a really nasty private message. He wasn't looking for help and understanding; he was looking for someone he could attack.

Generally speaking, the posters here are sympathetic and understanding of each other's difficulties with obesity and with the banding process. We've all been there before, and know it's a long, hard road.

CD,

If you are referring to silver wasp's thread, I'm guessing it was a fake. Nobody is that whiny! I think it is likely that the poster was just trying to get a rise out of us bandsters. Either that, or he has emotional problems way beyond just having difficulty with the band, and probably should not have been banded before resolving his emotional problems. And yes, I said problems, not "issues."

If you re read Tom's post, the guy also sent him a really nasty private message. He wasn't looking for help and understanding; he was looking for someone he could attack.

Generally speaking, the posters here are sympathetic and understanding of each other's difficulties with obesity and with the banding process. We've all been there before, and know it's a long, hard road.

The technical term for people like that is trolls. The goal of a troll posting on a forum it to begin a flame war like the one that went on with Tom and will get quite inflammatory in pursuing this aim. I've seen trolls proclaim that cancer patients are all homosexuals being punished by God and then of course it is game on after that.