Going it alone

I am scheduled for Dec 6th and my dilemma is that my husband thinks that I need someone to come with me to TJ. I really want to go alone as I don't think I will want to be entertaining him or anyone else. Would love some feedback on the pros and cons of going it alone or taking a companion. I only pro right now is that I would have someone to carry my bag (which has wheels) :D !

Donna

Donna,

You don't really need a companion for other than moral support, and you will probably meet other patients that can help you with that too! The clinic picks you up at the airport, gets you to the clinic, drives you to the hotel, picks you up at the hotel and gets you to the clinic on surgery day, then gets you back to the hotel and finally back to the airport. If your husband likes to explore new places by himself while you are in the clinic, he might like to come. Otherwise, it isn't a necessity.

You will have some time to yourself the day after surgery so you might like to have someone there with you to explore a bit of Tijuana. The doctors recommend you do some walking the next day to get things moving again. However, you will probably meet other patients during your time at the clinic, so you won't have to be alone unless you want to be. It's a personal preference.

Donna,

You don't really need a companion for other than moral support, and you will probably meet other patients that can help you with that too! The clinic picks you up at the airport, gets you to the clinic, drives you to the hotel, picks you up at the hotel and gets you to the clinic on surgery day, then gets you back to the hotel and finally back to the airport. If your husband likes to explore new places by himself while you are in the clinic, he might like to come. Otherwise, it isn't a necessity.

You will have some time to yourself the day after surgery so you might like to have someone there with you to explore a bit of Tijuana. The doctors recommend you do some walking the next day to get things moving again. However, you will probably meet other patients during your time at the clinic, so you won't have to be alone unless you want to be. It's a personal preference.

Also, You could probabley get by with a carry on bag. You really don't need much to justify a suitcase. Pack light.

Donna,

Thanks for the info....will let my hubby know that I won't be alone. He is needed at home more than I will need him, besides that he will drive me crazy!

I am scheduled for Dec 6th and my dilemma is that my husband thinks that I need someone to come with me to TJ. I really want to go alone as I don't think I will want to be entertaining him or anyone else. Would love some feedback on the pros and cons of going it alone or taking a companion. I only pro right now is that I would have someone to carry my bag (which has wheels) :D !

Donna

I went by myself and my husband stayed home. No problems...I had fun with my banding sisters, who all took me under their wings.

Twigs

I went by myself and my husband stayed home. No problems...I had fun with my banding sisters, who all took me under their wings.

Twigs

Dear Twigs,

That's what I figured would happen with me, my husband is the worry wart and I will be nervous enough without having to have him hovering about!

Donna

Yay Stacy! A buddy at last! Hope to see you there. Where are you from?

Donna

><'

Well I am schedualed for Dec 7th if all goes well so i can be there for ya!!

Stacy =D>

Well I spoke to soon! #-o My mom who is going with me has to go out of the country that week... well POO.I had it all schedualed too.

So as soon as she tells me her schedual I will let you know.. I hate waiting on other people..grrr

Stacy

Well I spoke to soon! #-o My mom who is going with me has to go out of the country that week... well POO.I had it all schedualed too.

So as soon as she tells me her schedual I will let you know.. I hate waiting on other people..grrr

Stacy

OHH I am from Astoria,Or

Hey Stacy,

Well, I hope that you won't have to change your date. I know where Astoria is. Drove through there once going down the coast with some friends on a spur of the moment road trip a few years ago. I live in Bremerton and it is a total Navy town (my husband is retired from the Navy). I just got done making airline reservations for one of my "daughters" to accompany me so I don't get "into trouble". This way I will have someone "fun" with me that won't limit me to the hotel and grounds! I want to explore TJ as much as I am able while I am there, maybe pick up a few Christmas presents too. That way Crystal can carry my bags! She will love that! :D I know what you mean about having things up in the air, I am a control freak and have to have every last detail worked out before I can relax. I have already ordered my pre-op meals, gotten my liquid vitamines, and tylenol and Gas X strips for the trip home! I am so ridiculous about that kind of stuff. It is driving me nuts waiting for my loan to be approved and yesterday was a holiday, so it will take a few days extra....