10 Days Out and Almost Losing It!!!

This is my first post, and I am trying to understand a few things. My boyfriend and I were both banded on September 27th. I have been so excited and have had a pretty good restriction up until this weekend. My boyfriend can eat and drink just about whatever he wants and has already lost 20 pounds since the surgery. Me, on the other hand, I have been following the post op diet just about as closely as possible, and have only lost 15 pounds, and that includes my pre-op weight loss. This weekend I just couldn't stand it any longer and I had a little bit of mac-n-cheese and some mashed potatoes, but he ate chicken, chips, mac-n-cheese, all kinds of things, and is still losing. I am going back on my liquid diet today, but I am still getting very discouraged pretty quick. We can start eating REAL food again on the 18th, but I am getting scared that I am only going to go back to my old ways and start gaining again. Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

This is my first post, and I am trying to understand a few things. My boyfriend and I were both banded on September 27th. I have been so excited and have had a pretty good restriction up until this weekend. My boyfriend can eat and drink just about whatever he wants and has already lost 20 pounds since the surgery. Me, on the other hand, I have been following the post op diet just about as closely as possible, and have only lost 15 pounds, and that includes my pre-op weight loss. This weekend I just couldn't stand it any longer and I had a little bit of mac-n-cheese and some mashed potatoes, but he ate chicken, chips, mac-n-cheese, all kinds of things, and is still losing. I am going back on my liquid diet today, but I am still getting very discouraged pretty quick. We can start eating REAL food again on the 18th, but I am getting scared that I am only going to go back to my old ways and start gaining again. Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Men lose weight MUCH easier than women. My husband can drop 5 pounds in 5 days no problem, and he doesn't even have a band! PLEASE don't compare yourself to your boyfriend. Everyone is different, especially men and women. You should scold him for eating all that bad stuff before he's supposed to anyway, lol.

Good luck!

~Lauren