Energy needs??

Brenny

Hi, :-h I've only posted a couple of times before. I'm scheduled for my band Nov 1. I am a bedside nurse, I use alot of energy, and many times only get 1 break thru out the day. I also work 12 hr shifts. How do I keep my energy level up, while on these liq for 2-3 weeks? :-? I am only getting 10 days off from work. I am so scared about this. Any suggestions???? :unsure: Thanks ,Brenny

Hi Brenny.

I had surgery on Thursday October 11th. I have had no problem with my energy level. I go to school full time (includes a 12 hour shift at the hospital) work part time (walking 1-2 hours) run around after 2 kids (3 & 5) homework etc. Have to remind myself to eat because i dont even think about it till I get home. I took off a week from work but could have easily worked my Monday shift after surgery.

I was one of the lucky ones who didnt have any gas pain after surgery. For the first few days back there were times when it would feel better to splint my port area cause it was a little tender. Mostly, I just watch myself with lifting and bending. I lost 25 lbs prior to surgery so maybe it made the surgery itself a little easier but I would just listen to your body and rest whenever you can. Hope that helps.

Karen

Hi Brenny.

I had surgery on Thursday October 11th. I have had no problem with my energy level. I go to school full time (includes a 12 hour shift at the hospital) work part time (walking 1-2 hours) run around after 2 kids (3 & 5) homework etc. Have to remind myself to eat because i dont even think about it till I get home. I took off a week from work but could have easily worked my Monday shift after surgery.

I was one of the lucky ones who didnt have any gas pain after surgery. For the first few days back there were times when it would feel better to splint my port area cause it was a little tender. Mostly, I just watch myself with lifting and bending. I lost 25 lbs prior to surgery so maybe it made the surgery itself a little easier but I would just listen to your body and rest whenever you can. Hope that helps.

Karen

Hi Karen , Thanks for the reply, HOW ARE YOU DOING??? Tell me everything. What supplement are you using? Its been 2 weeks for you huh?? Who did your surg? Thanks, Brnny

Hi Karen , Thanks for the reply, HOW ARE YOU DOING??? Tell me everything. What supplement are you using? Its been 2 weeks for you huh?? Who did your surg? Thanks, Brnny

Hey,

I havent been using a supplement. I made a protein shake one day but it didnt really impress me so I have been sticking with my cream soups. Maybe I will try to find an unflavored one to throw in with the soup. Yesterday I threw in an optifast for something different. I have been taking a chewable vitamin daily. Getting bored with the diet and looking forward to solids but its tolerable. Feeling good so I cant really complain.

Dr. Ortiz did my surgery on October 11th.

Any other questions. Let me know.

Karen

Hi, :-h I've only posted a couple of times before. I'm scheduled for my band Nov 1. I am a bedside nurse, I use alot of energy, and many times only get 1 break thru out the day. I also work 12 hr shifts. How do I keep my energy level up, while on these liq for 2-3 weeks? :-? I am only getting 10 days off from work. I am so scared about this. Any suggestions???? :unsure: Thanks ,Brenny

Brenny, energy has not been a problem for me. In fact, I had more energy. I was tired and weak for about 4-5 days. Returned to work 6 days later and was fine. I did make things like potato soup with cheese to get a protein and a cab. I also drank Slim Fast one time to get vitamins and minerals. A protein shake once.