Post Op Lap Band

Hello, I am post op almost 4 weeks and wanted to share my experience with others. I was scared of the surgery and had cancelled once. I went through with the surgery on Sept. 25. My experience was good. I was 222 5 foot 5 inches so I had the surgery done as an out patient. Went in at 6. Had surgery at about 7, My blood sugar rose to 416 during surgery so they kept me until 12:oo, My husband drove me home and I slept the whole way. got home and drank some clear soup, sat in recliner and slept again. I was so sleepy. Pain was very managable concerning lap band. Gas in shoulders bothered me the most for about a week. I was weak the first 4 days. I finally drank a protein drink to give me some energy and it helped. Went back to work on Monday, surgery was Tues. and was fine. I lost 13 lbs. the first week, 18 by two weeks, and 22 by 4th week. I feel I can eat anything right now so I am ready for a fill at 6 weeks. It has been an excellent experience for me.

Hi Suzie

I was banded on Oct 16 and I was concerned about the rapid weight loss I have lost 15 lbs from 10-16 to 10-27 and now that I read that you have lost about the same it makes me feel better. I am looking forward to going to my next Dr. visit as I should be able to move to the soft food then.

Keep in touch share experience. Thanks

Pink tweety ><'

Hi Suzie

I was banded on Oct 16 and I was concerned about the rapid weight loss I have lost 15 lbs from 10-16 to 10-27 and now that I read that you have lost about the same it makes me feel better. I am looking forward to going to my next Dr. visit as I should be able to move to the soft food then.

Keep in touch share experience. Thanks

Pink tweety ><'