San Diego Fires Postpones Surgery

Hi all, I was originally scheduled for surgery on the 26th but got rescheduled due to the California fires. Has this happened to anyone else? Wow! Was that ever a disappointment. :( All the planning, fretting, etc. I do feel bad about the people who have been evacuated from their homes, and their issues are far more important than my surgery. Still can't help being a bit disappointed tho. I'm now scheduled for the 7th of November. I do hope the fires are under control by then.

Hi all, I was originally scheduled for surgery on the 26th but got rescheduled due to the California fires. Has this happened to anyone else? Wow! Was that ever a disappointment. :( All the planning, fretting, etc. I do feel bad about the people who have been evacuated from their homes, and their issues are far more important than my surgery. Still can't help being a bit disappointed tho. I'm now scheduled for the 7th of November. I do hope the fires are under control by then.

I understand your disappointment and how you feel bad for thinking about that at a time when people are losing homes, but I am going down for my first fill on sat the 27th and I am looking sooooo forward to it. I need to call the clinic because I haven't heard from them. I really hope they won't have to cancel. I was looking at the fire maps for the area and the fires are very close to that area. I was imagining today what the clinic would do if the fires came toward the them and people were in surgey. Maybe its a good thing you are not going right away. Good luck I feel your pain!!!

I feel totally blessed! My surgery was scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd. We flew in on Monday and had our pre-op tests, etc. They informed us that they could do our surgeries a day early and then, I believe, cancelled surgeries for the rest of the week. How lucky is that!?

I feel great!! It will be well worth the wait, but I feel very badly for you. Keep your chin up!

Laura

Me too, was scheduled last Thursday the 25th. I do hope everything is okay with Dr. Ortiz and assistants. I was really set to go last week and so disappointed. But I'm ready to go again. I made an appointment with a nutritional counselor here in Seattle because I think I will have some issues over changes in eating. I'm a stress eater. Maybe I should take up crocheting. I quit smoking so I know I can change behavior and habits. Of course I can't quit eating. I hope the counselor will have some good ideas and guidance. Look forward to seeing Tijuana, never been there. Maybe go out to Rosarito see the beach. My s.o. Steve is coming with me. Am scheduled on Nov 1st.