Finally Getting it done!!!

Perla

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS PERLA, IM 17 YEARS OLD AND I AM GETTING LAP-BAND SURGERY ON NOVEMBER 5!!! IVE BASICALLY BEEN OVERWEIGHT MY WHOLE LIFE BUT IT BECAME WORST MY JUNIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL FOR SOME REASON :-? ......BUT ANYWAYS I AM NOW A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM SOO READY TO CHANGE MY LIFE!!.... I WAS TRYING TO FIND A TEENAGE SUPPORT GROUP BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO HEAR PPL THAT GO THROUGH THE SAME THINGS AS ME.... AND IM REALLY EXCITED TO GET LAP BAND SURGERY BUT IM ALSO REALLY NERVOUS :unsure: BECAUSE WELL YOU KNOW ITS SURGERY!LOL SO ANYWAYS I WAS WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU COULD ANSWER A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS I HAVE.... DO U HAVE ANY PAINS AFTER SURGERY?? IS THE LIQUID DIET REALLY HARD CUSE I EAT A LOT AND IM KINDA SCARED TO SE HOW ILL DO WITH LIQUIDS?? DO U LOOSE WEIGHT DURING THE LIQUID PHASE?? OH AND IM ALSO NOT PLANNING ON TELLING MY FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SKINNY AND IM NOT SURE THEYLL UNDERSTAND SO HOW DO U GUYS DEAL WITH THAT??...... WELL IM SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT IM JUST REALLY CURIOUS!! WELL HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS AND AGAIN IM REALLY GLAD TO FIND A TEENAGE SUPPORT GROUP =D> -PERLA-

hey! welcome to the forum. while i haven't been banded (hopefully i will) i too am an over wieght 17 year old, and this is your first step to a healthier lifestyle, so congratulate yourself. but dont pat to hard on the back the journey has just begun. I can relate with you on a lot of things, im sure others on the forum can too. If i get the surgery i will not be telling my friends either. its probably better that way.

again, while i haven't been banded i think i could help with some of your questions and the other members can jump in where i left off or correct me (sorry in advance if i am) on things i got wrong.

"DO U HAVE ANY PAINS AFTER SURGERY??"

like any surgery you are bound to have some sort of pain, nothing to serious i assume.

"IS THE LIQUID DIET REALLY HARD CUSE I EAT A LOT AND IM KINDA SCARED TO SE HOW ILL DO WITH LIQUIDS??"

you and i being so attached to food it will be hard, you're going to want to eat normal food because its habit, but just keep in mind you're doing this for you and that feeling is going to be worth more than food will ever be.

"DO U LOOSE WEIGHT DURING THE LIQUID PHASE??"

yes.

i wish you luck on your banding, if you want to know a little bit more about me and my back story feel free to visit my topic i started a few months back: "Should i Get Banded?"

don't be too afraid, you'll be fine.

if you would mind, i have some questions i hope you would answer. like how tall are you? your weight? did a doctor recommend the lap band? and is your insurance (or your parents) going to cover it? if so which?

hey! welcome to the forum. while i haven't been banded (hopefully i will) i too am an over wieght 17 year old, and this is your first step to a healthier lifestyle, so congratulate yourself. but dont pat to hard on the back the journey has just begun. I can relate with you on a lot of things, im sure others on the forum can too. If i get the surgery i will not be telling my friends either. its probably better that way.

again, while i haven't been banded i think i could help with some of your questions and the other members can jump in where i left off or correct me (sorry in advance if i am) on things i got wrong.

"DO U HAVE ANY PAINS AFTER SURGERY??"

like any surgery you are bound to have some sort of pain, nothing to serious i assume.

"IS THE LIQUID DIET REALLY HARD CUSE I EAT A LOT AND IM KINDA SCARED TO SE HOW ILL DO WITH LIQUIDS??"

you and i being so attached to food it will be hard, you're going to want to eat normal food because its habit, but just keep in mind you're doing this for you and that feeling is going to be worth more than food will ever be.

"DO U LOOSE WEIGHT DURING THE LIQUID PHASE??"

yes.

i wish you luck on your banding, if you want to know a little bit more about me and my back story feel free to visit my topic i started a few months back: "Should i Get Banded?"

don't be too afraid, you'll be fine.

if you would mind, i have some questions i hope you would answer. like how tall are you? your weight? did a doctor recommend the lap band? and is your insurance (or your parents) going to cover it? if so which?

Thanks Matt I really appreciate youre input. To answer your questions I am 5'5 250 pounds :( A doctor did not recommend it to me but I researched it myself and realized it was my only way out of this horrible life style. My wonderful aunt is covering my surgery and I am getting it done in Mexico because doctors in the United States wont operate on underage kids. My doctor is Dr. Aceves and I have talked to many of his patients and they only have the best regards to say about him and his surgical team!! My insurance did not cover my surgery which is why my aunt is paying. I understand how you feel because when I was convincing my parents about the surgery they weren't to happy about the money part :P but when my aunt offeed to pay they were fine with it and they realized it was basically my last hope because like you i do not want to go off to college this big!!I hope you can convince your parents because just knowing that im getting this surgery done is making me feel so much better. well I hope everything works out for you and if you have any other questions just go ahead and ask!! :D Thanks again for your input!

-Perla-

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS PERLA, IM 17 YEARS OLD AND I AM GETTING LAP-BAND SURGERY ON NOVEMBER 5!!! IVE BASICALLY BEEN OVERWEIGHT MY WHOLE LIFE BUT IT BECAME WORST MY JUNIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL FOR SOME REASON :-? ......BUT ANYWAYS I AM NOW A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM SOO READY TO CHANGE MY LIFE!!.... I WAS TRYING TO FIND A TEENAGE SUPPORT GROUP BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO HEAR PPL THAT GO THROUGH THE SAME THINGS AS ME.... AND IM REALLY EXCITED TO GET LAP BAND SURGERY BUT IM ALSO REALLY NERVOUS :unsure: BECAUSE WELL YOU KNOW ITS SURGERY!LOL SO ANYWAYS I WAS WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU COULD ANSWER A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS I HAVE.... DO U HAVE ANY PAINS AFTER SURGERY?? IS THE LIQUID DIET REALLY HARD CUSE I EAT A LOT AND IM KINDA SCARED TO SE HOW ILL DO WITH LIQUIDS?? DO U LOOSE WEIGHT DURING THE LIQUID PHASE?? OH AND IM ALSO NOT PLANNING ON TELLING MY FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SKINNY AND IM NOT SURE THEYLL UNDERSTAND SO HOW DO U GUYS DEAL WITH THAT??...... WELL IM SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT IM JUST REALLY CURIOUS!! WELL HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS AND AGAIN IM REALLY GLAD TO FIND A TEENAGE SUPPORT GROUP =D> -PERLA-

hiii perla im 17 too!

ahh im sure youre so excited! i know i was when i found out te date.

now to answer youre questions

i was in pain after surgery my sholder and chest hurt from the air pumped in my stomach more than anything. i was really sleepy for like 2 days and getting out of bed was a big challenge cause i couldnt use my stomach muscles to help me get up. every four hours i took pain medication the docter gave me.

the liquids fase isnt thattt hard cause physically i wasnt hungry, but mentally i was.

its easy not having my friends know. well my best bestt friend does but shes the only one. i just tld y other friends that im on a strict diet watching my portions and all that stuff

hope that helps :]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey perla im hannah im 18 and i had the surgery on the 10th of last month ... I know exactly wat you are going thro... so if you have any questions you can ask me ... how did your surgery go ... have you had any weight loss... ihad a lot on the liquid diet but then once i was able to eat ii gained all my wieght bak so watch that lol.... ilvoe food too andit is soooooo hard lol im trying to get myself int o a good workout sch. sooo yah im not telling any of my friends about it either cuz they wont understand its hard so if you ever need someone tot alk to im here :D congrats :)

Hey Hannah!! I got my lap band on November 5ths so right now im on full liquids and well so far ive lost 21 pounds :) so i feel great!!! its been kinda hard on the liquids especially cuse Thanksgiving is coming up but it def feels great to see my clothes really big on me!! So how much weight have you lost so far?? and yeah im kinda scared that im gonna gain te weight back wen i go on food :( i hope i dont though!!! so how do you feel with the band so far?? are u graduating this year?? and do you know when ure getting ure fill yet cuse i heard thats wen you really start to loose weight?? yay!!! well im really glad i have someone to share information with!! :-) congrats to you too!!!! and im here for you too if you need any support!!! cuse now we're bandsters!!

Hey Hannah!! I got my lap band on November 5ths so right now im on full liquids and well so far ive lost 21 pounds :) so i feel great!!! its been kinda hard on the liquids especially cuse Thanksgiving is coming up but it def feels great to see my clothes really big on me!! So how much weight have you lost so far?? and yeah im kinda scared that im gonna gain te weight back wen i go on food :( i hope i dont though!!! so how do you feel with the band so far?? are u graduating this year?? and do you know when ure getting ure fill yet cuse i heard thats wen you really start to loose weight?? yay!!! well im really glad i have someone to share information with!! :-) congrats to you too!!!! and im here for you too if you need any support!!! cuse now we're bandsters!!

yeah when i was on the liquids i lost 25lbs and some inches ....and it was sooooo hard cuz i LOVE food .... the mental hunger is soooooooo hard to deal with its amazing ... and on top of that havin to be around all the kids you go to skool with while they are eating !!! i no the feeling haha but when i started on solids i gain a lot of it bak but still kept of the inches wierd!! and got really down on myslef!! but i guess that its normal to gain some of the wieght bak !!!... so dont get down on ur self and if you do im here to talk to !! my fill is coming up next week and im totally stoked i jsut wanna start loosing wieght again and feeel good!!! so far with that band i feel normal every once in a while it hurts or i eat too much and that is the worst feeling !!! i graduated last year !! thank god lol now im jsut getting a job and gonna go to beauty skool... what grade are you in?? yeah feel free to ask me any question or share info with me and illdo that same.... im kinds glad i started talking to you cuz i had no one tot alk to on here .... YUP we are bandsters!!! im so excited !!! :)