lap bands in Mexico

I am so sorry if I sounded like I thought a lap band in Mexico was not as good as US. I sure did not mean it that way. I found this site accidently and did not realize it was connected to Dr. Oritz. I kept seeing his name and wondered about that so that is why I wrote it seems like most of you had your band done in Mexico. I did not know about Mexico as my friend had it done here and I followed her progress. I went to the same doctor as she did because I did not even think to look elsewhere. I was so cosumed with should I do it, will I wake up from surgery, will it work for me that I guess all my thoughts centered around that topic. I did back out once simply because I was scared. Now I am 5 weeks out and feeling good and wondering why I did not hear about this sooner and check into sooner. If it wasn't for my friend I still would be struggling with my weight and health issues.

No problem, Suzie. You and I are about the same age, the same height, and were the same weight before surgery. I was banded October 10. I have lost 30 lb since starting my pre-op diet, and 15 since the surgery. I wasn't diabetic, but my blood sugar was getting higher and higher and I would have been there soon, so I am very happy I had the surgery done. As most people here say, I wish I could have done it 20 or 30 years ago, but right now I am just looking forward, not back! First fill is November 29, though I still have quite a bit of restriction from the surgery. I am starting to get my appetite back now I am back on solids, so I'm glad the fill isn't too far off.

No problem, Suzie. You and I are about the same age, the same height, and were the same weight before surgery. I was banded October 10. I have lost 30 lb since starting my pre-op diet, and 15 since the surgery. I wasn't diabetic, but my blood sugar was getting higher and higher and I would have been there soon, so I am very happy I had the surgery done. As most people here say, I wish I could have done it 20 or 30 years ago, but right now I am just looking forward, not back! First fill is November 29, though I still have quite a bit of restriction from the surgery. I am starting to get my appetite back now I am back on solids, so I'm glad the fill isn't too far off.

Hello Snowbird,

I go for my first fill tomorrow. I am nervous and excited. I have been steadily losing weight since my surgery 6 weeks ago. I am down 24. I have settled in with about a 1-2 lbs. weight loss the last 3 weeks. Part of me is thinking lets just keep it this way and the other is saying give it a try. You will never know unless you do. I am able to eat anything and have been eating anything I want just so much less of it. If I had chose low calorie foods I probable would of lost more but....that is not what I have done. I teach school so I have been getting the tray everyday. Yes, I am one of the few that like the school lunches and always felt so guilty before for eating it all. Now it is fun to get the tray and eat half. How have you been doing on solids?