Snowbird

Hi, Suzie. I'm doing fine; I've lost 17 lb since surgery and am trying to keep to an Atkins-like diet until the first fill. Actually, we have been eating low carb for the last several years, so we'll probably continue even after the fill. My biggest problem is a return of acid reflux at night. It went away on the liquid diet but is coming back now. I was hoping I would be through with that with the hiatal hernia repair and some weight loss, but I'm probably going to have to break down and refill my Nexium prescription.

We are headed back to Tijuana for our first fill on November 29, plus we are going to get some dental work done while we are there. Dr. Ortiz has a dental clinic in his lap band clinic, which make it easy to schedule. It's a five hour drive for us from where we live, but we are retired so we'll make it a mini vacation to San Diego. I am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for the last three years, which is fun.

Congratulations on your continuing weight loss! I'm hitting a barrier at 190, which is where my last diet fizzled out. Interesting that my body doesn't want to go below that point, but this time I know I have help to make the weight loss continue.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Chris

Hi, Suzie. I'm doing fine; I've lost 17 lb since surgery and am trying to keep to an Atkins-like diet until the first fill. Actually, we have been eating low carb for the last several years, so we'll probably continue even after the fill. My biggest problem is a return of acid reflux at night. It went away on the liquid diet but is coming back now. I was hoping I would be through with that with the hiatal hernia repair and some weight loss, but I'm probably going to have to break down and refill my Nexium prescription.

We are headed back to Tijuana for our first fill on November 29, plus we are going to get some dental work done while we are there. Dr. Ortiz has a dental clinic in his lap band clinic, which make it easy to schedule. It's a five hour drive for us from where we live, but we are retired so we'll make it a mini vacation to San Diego. I am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for the last three years, which is fun.

Congratulations on your continuing weight loss! I'm hitting a barrier at 190, which is where my last diet fizzled out. Interesting that my body doesn't want to go below that point, but this time I know I have help to make the weight loss continue.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Chris

Congrats on the weight loss. Doesn't it feel good? I go for my first fill tomorrow. I am excited and a little aprehensive. I am still losing weight, 24 down at about 2 lbs. a week. I like that and do not want to ruin this slow steady progress where i can still eat. I have heard some fills are too tight so I worry a tad about that but I am going as I will never know unless I try it. What is sliming and there is another word people are using....Pg or something like that.

So you are both retired. That sounds so nice. Being able to take off and have a mini vacation to Mexico sounds nice too. My husband and I travel when we can. We went to Mexico once. I enjoyed the cheap prices of things we bought but it was summer and so hot. I got a little sick. I have taught school for 21 years and with the "No Child Left Behind Act" the pressure has become too much. I do not enjoy having to push the kids, make them listen, pressure the parents, etc. All negative now. I have talked to my husband about retiring but I am still 5 years away from collecting teacher retirement and I am not 100% ready to go yet. I do not know if I will be able to figure out if I am ever 100% ready or not. What did you do?

Congrats on the weight loss. Doesn't it feel good? I go for my first fill tomorrow. I am excited and a little aprehensive. I am still losing weight, 24 down at about 2 lbs. a week. I like that and do not want to ruin this slow steady progress where i can still eat. I have heard some fills are too tight so I worry a tad about that but I am going as I will never know unless I try it. What is sliming and there is another word people are using....Pg or something like that.

So you are both retired. That sounds so nice. Being able to take off and have a mini vacation to Mexico sounds nice too. My husband and I travel when we can. We went to Mexico once. I enjoyed the cheap prices of things we bought but it was summer and so hot. I got a little sick. I have taught school for 21 years and with the "No Child Left Behind Act" the pressure has become too much. I do not enjoy having to push the kids, make them listen, pressure the parents, etc. All negative now. I have talked to my husband about retiring but I am still 5 years away from collecting teacher retirement and I am not 100% ready to go yet. I do not know if I will be able to figure out if I am ever 100% ready or not. What did you do?

Forgot to add I was also on reflux acid meds and I had a hernia also. Now I am having gas almost everyday. Constant pressure and bloating. I am taking Gas X and trying to wait it out. What were your acid reflux symptoms? Would you like to exchange emails? Mine is Kellco@conwaycorp.net if you'd like.

Forgot to add I was also on reflux acid meds and I had a hernia also. Now I am having gas almost everyday. Constant pressure and bloating. I am taking Gas X and trying to wait it out. What were your acid reflux symptoms? Would you like to exchange emails? Mine is Kellco@conwaycorp.net if you'd like.

Suzie,

I sent you an email.

Chris