Wondering about my fill

I went for my first fill last Wednesday. I was so excited about having some restriction. I had some after the surgery and had lost 24 lbs. before my first fill so I could not wait. It was a blind fill which disappointed me as I had heard people say they could not tell they got a fill or they were too tight. I did not want either of course. I think she filled the band first and then ask me to drink water. She told me to tell her if I could feel it. I thought I did. She said if you fell you are going to throwi it up go to the sink. Well, here comes me not wanting to bother her by throwing up so I thought I felt something. She then drew some saline out, I drank again. It went down. She messed with it a litte more, I drank more. She started telling me she wanted to make sure I could swallow my spit. I said "What?" I had not heard this before. To make a long story short I guess I did not do such a good job feeling the fill. I cannot tell I have had one and now I am trying to use my own will power which is not easy. My question is why do people do blind fills? And, should I tell the nurse I cannot tell I have a fill? Have any of you had this happen? Does fluro work all the time?

I went for my first fill last Wednesday. I was so excited about having some restriction. I had some after the surgery and had lost 24 lbs. before my first fill so I could not wait. It was a blind fill which disappointed me as I had heard people say they could not tell they got a fill or they were too tight. I did not want either of course. I think she filled the band first and then ask me to drink water. She told me to tell her if I could feel it. I thought I did. She said if you fell you are going to throwi it up go to the sink. Well, here comes me not wanting to bother her by throwing up so I thought I felt something. She then drew some saline out, I drank again. It went down. She messed with it a litte more, I drank more. She started telling me she wanted to make sure I could swallow my spit. I said "What?" I had not heard this before. To make a long story short I guess I did not do such a good job feeling the fill. I cannot tell I have had one and now I am trying to use my own will power which is not easy. My question is why do people do blind fills? And, should I tell the nurse I cannot tell I have a fill? Have any of you had this happen? Does fluro work all the time?

Give it some time. Not everyone feels restriction their first fill.

I've had three fills and I am still waiting to find that "SWEET SPOT" I am getting close though. I am getting full quicker than I was. Hopefully the fourth time will be the charm.

Give it some time. Not everyone feels restriction their first fill.

I've had three fills and I am still waiting to find that "SWEET SPOT" I am getting close though. I am getting full quicker than I was. Hopefully the fourth time will be the charm.

I was not able to tell a difference when I had my first fill. Then I has another fill a week later and that one I can tell. I feel the same way as when I had surgery. I fell bloated and I burp often. I don't feel hungry anymore so I will wait an see if things get better as it did when I had surgery. Good Luck <_<