Not Loosing- SOS

Hello out there,

I started the pre-surgery diet. I am drinking protein shakes for breakfast and dinner, and Lean Cusiene for lunch. My one and only thing i am eatting extra is the pria bar. I have done this since the start. They are heavy on the protein and little sugar. It was the only way I could make it into the later afternoon since I eat lunch early- 11:30AM. At first I lost. I did really well. Then I flubbed, but went right back on. I had a piece of cake. and that is all.... That was more than a week ago. I have only lost 11 lbs. So for the last couple of days I have yo yo.ed with no loss. I am concerned they will deny me the sugery. I am putting out a lot of money and more than that, I am starving. I am hungry and the tummy is a rumbling. So I know I am doing right. Any encouragment would be good. They wanted me to loose 20 lbs, but I have less than 5 days till I leave. I am not cheating. Any encouragment would be greatly appreciated. I am hungry. I am hungry. I am hungry. :((

Shanny

Hello out there,

I started the pre-surgery diet. I am drinking protein shakes for breakfast and dinner, and Lean Cusiene for lunch. My one and only thing i am eatting extra is the pria bar. I have done this since the start. They are heavy on the protein and little sugar. It was the only way I could make it into the later afternoon since I eat lunch early- 11:30AM. At first I lost. I did really well. Then I flubbed, but went right back on. I had a piece of cake. and that is all.... That was more than a week ago. I have only lost 11 lbs. So for the last couple of days I have yo yo.ed with no loss. I am concerned they will deny me the sugery. I am putting out a lot of money and more than that, I am starving. I am hungry and the tummy is a rumbling. So I know I am doing right. Any encouragment would be good. They wanted me to loose 20 lbs, but I have less than 5 days till I leave. I am not cheating. Any encouragment would be greatly appreciated. I am hungry. I am hungry. I am hungry. :((

Shanny

Shanny, if you have lost 11 lbs. then something is going right. When did you start this diet? You will always lose weight fast at first. Then it slows down. Don't give up!!!!! Don't give up!!! You will end up back where you were. Once you get the band it really helps the hunger. Hang in there.

Sticking to your diet is more important than losing the weight. Just keep at it and even if you don't lose all the weight they'll still take you.

The idea with the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver and make it easier for the doctor to work in there. If you're sticking to the diet then your liver is shrinking as necessary. Weight loss, especially with women, is dependent on many factors. If you're close to your menstrual cycle then your body is retaining fluids. Last week, my scale told me I'd gained five pounds overnight. Obviously fluid - not fat.

So relax, stick to it and you'll do fine.

Hello out there,

Shanny

Dear Shanny,

I don't think you have to worry about not having surgery. Just keep doing what you are doing. No more cheating and good luck to you.

travel mama

Hello out there,

Shanny

Try to take 3 fiber pills about 1.5 to 2 hours after you eat with a full glass of water it does help fill you up. Also take Cronium in the morning you can buy it at Walmart it is a appitite supresent. Also you can try Isopure drinks from GNC they are very highin protien and low in calories to help you be full. Don't forget all the greens you can eat. I ate tons of greens. By the salad spritzers. I cut up the lettuce and spryaed it and added granulated garlic for a little more flavor. You can do it.... It is the last time you have to fight yourself after surgery your band makes you follow the rules. As far as weigth loss you can loose those extra pounds in 5 days. Remember you fast before surgery. I lost my last 4 lbs. after the fast before surgery. Good luck and keep your chin up it is all worth it in the end. I am at the middle of my journey of weight loss. I am down 54lbs and have nver thought why did I do this. I am happier than I have ever been.

Debra :P

Thank you so much for you support!!! You have no idea how much this helps. I am continuing with my drinks, LC, and taking metamucle. I feel good about what I have lost, and my only concern was that I would get down there and they would send me home. I was just playing drama queen. Part of it was panic, but the other was frustration. I am just going to finish out the week and call it good. Thank you again for your support.

Shanny :D