before and after pics

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations. I think that you look great. I am going in for my surgery in 2 weeks. I hope I can get the results you have. I think you look fantastic. Way to go!!!

Thanks everyone!

Christopher - good luck on your surgery!!

Kym

You look fantastic! I'm thinking about having the surgery done in January. My biggest concern is scarring. How was the scarring with your surgery?

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn,

thank you!

the only scares i really have are my stupid stretch marks from being so fat! honestly all the scares from surgery have faded and you can barely see the one left from where they put they port in...its about 3/4 of and inch long and very faint - in another year it will be all gone i think. when i post the next pictures i will try to show my belly - that will be in about 20 lbs or so or at 18 months post op - which ever comes first. go for it - its the best thing i ever did for myself!

kym

• 3 weeks later...

I did the bare minimum prior to surgery... i believe they wanted me to lose 10 lbs before i got to mexico but i think i only lost about 6 or 7 and they were ok with that. i had no problems but i would recommend trying to do the preop diet just to help shrink your liver and make it easier for the surgeon.

the biggest misconception/secret is people believe the band will do most of the work - it will help but you will have to do most of the work. you will have to committ to watching what you eat, how you eat, and you will have to exercise to reach goal.

good luck on your surgery!!

kym

You are so right. So many people think this is a magic bullet, but it's a tool. We still need to make the right choices. It just made it a lot easier for me. I think partly because of the band and partly because I didn't want to throw away the money. I could have never looked at myself in the mirror if I didn't do everything I could to make the investment worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone... i have added more pictures at 16 months post-op and down 70 lbs. the wt loss has been slow the last 4 months but the inches are still coming off. i am a comfortable size 12 now. dont give up everyone, the band really does work if you just give it time and stick to a plan.

kym828

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/kym828/