Questions and observations

I was banded on Wednesday November 28th, and it's currently Monday December 3rd. When I got home on Friday I found that I had actually gained 3 pounds (I'm a "non-cheater" at this point)! I'm assuming this had something to do with swelling, etc., but it still concerned me. Today I'm down about 2 lbs. from my pre-op weight, so it looks like it's working out but it was still weird. You'd think living on vitamin water and broth would do just the opposite! Anyone else have this happen?

I'm also still pretty uncomfortable on my left side: have to bend over to the right, hard to turn over in bed, etc. My "belly" seems a little distended or bloated or something, but I'm not used to having a foreign body in there either so I have nothing to judge it by. All you people who bounce right back make me a little envious, but all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. Can you "damage" your port in any way (I mean other than binging, etc.)? Just me being curious and a little paranoid.....!

I was banded on Wednesday November 28th, and it's currently Monday December 3rd. When I got home on Friday I found that I had actually gained 3 pounds (I'm a "non-cheater" at this point)! I'm assuming this had something to do with swelling, etc., but it still concerned me. Today I'm down about 2 lbs. from my pre-op weight, so it looks like it's working out but it was still weird. You'd think living on vitamin water and broth would do just the opposite! Anyone else have this happen?

I'm also still pretty uncomfortable on my left side: have to bend over to the right, hard to turn over in bed, etc. My "belly" seems a little distended or bloated or something, but I'm not used to having a foreign body in there either so I have nothing to judge it by. All you people who bounce right back make me a little envious, but all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. Can you "damage" your port in any way (I mean other than binging, etc.)? Just me being curious and a little paranoid.....!

It probably was the swelling. During the first 6 weeks your body is healing and getting used to a forein object in there. I was pretty sore on the left (port) side for 11-14 days. rolling over at night, sitting up, anything using abs. I am 4weeks into this so it is alot better but I am still careful when it comes to ab activity. No working out for 3 weeks and no crunches for 3 months. The bloated or swelling should go away by 2 weeks. =D>