Fills in TJ

Just got back from a fill trip to the OCC. My wife had her first fill (1.8cc's) and she did good, I had a tweaking fill, we added .5cc's to my 1.8cc's for a total of 2.3cc's. Dr. Romero did our fills. I've always had him as my fill doctor and I hope to continue using him as "our" fill doctor. I can't begin to write all the good things about Dr. Romero, his personality, his expertise, he just walks on water, HE ROCKS! Of course the service from the OCC personal was awesome, everyone from Fransisco (manager of transportation), Claudia, Rene, Dr. Martinez, the nurses in the recovery area, (I just got to get their names) and last, another girl that ROCKS, We all know her and love her,,,, Lori, OCC patient coordinator. If you ever have a problem, she's the go to girl. Carolyn rocks too, but I've never had the opportunity to get to know her. I just can't say enough, about the quality of service the OCC staff gives its patients. I didn't see Dr. Ortiz this trip, but he always gets all the glory, so we'll just leave him out of this post, this time, LOL. PS, I got to meet some of the newly banded patients at the clinic and at the hotel Lucerna. Everyone had good things to say about their banding experiance. So I want to see some of those newbe's start posting. OK, I bet you've had enough of this post, I hear you guys moaning. LOL.

I had my first fill on Dec 6- flew down to San Diego, met by Fransisco and went right to the clinic. I was in the fill room within 20 minutes of arriving at the clinic and saw Dr. Acosta. He was great and did the fill effortlessly. I brought a friend and we walked back to the Hotel Lucerna where we spent the night. I think next time I may just fly down for the day- I have such confidence in the OCC- I don't want someone messing up my band. I've heard horror stories from people who went to doctors who are not too experienced. No thanks. I hope this first fill last awhile but I do plan to return to OCC for the next one, whenever I need that. You're in good hands here! [Just got back from a fill trip to the OCC. My wife had her first fill (1.8cc's) and she did good, I had a tweaking fill, we added .5cc's to my 1.8cc's for a total of 2.3cc's. .......

Hi,

I met you and your wife while I was down getting my surgery and we talked a lot, but I wonder if you could give me some more information on taking the transit to the border crossing and the costs of this from the airport. I know you told me about this and I am interested in going down for my fill and just going it alone and it may be something I would consider. I am sure I could catch a cab to the hotel or clinic from the hotel. I think I would prefer this to spending the $150 for a ride....I could take my sweet time!

Thanks in advance, by the way, I am doing great!

Donna

Hi,

I met you and your wife while I was down getting my surgery and we talked a lot, but I wonder if you could give me some more information on taking the transit to the border crossing and the costs of this from the airport. I know you told me about this and I am interested in going down for my fill and just going it alone and it may be something I would consider. I am sure I could catch a cab to the hotel or clinic from the hotel. I think I would prefer this to spending the $150 for a ride....I could take my sweet time!

Thanks in advance, by the way, I am doing great!

Donna

go to this link and see a previous post about taking the Metro Transit system and walking across the border. http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=725