BMI less than 35

Hi everybody,

I am thinking :-? about having lap band, but my BMI is less than 35.

Besides I sacred a lot about the surgery and I heard some people gain most of their weight back after a few years.

Please share your experience with me. The good ones and the bad ones also.

Thanks,

Maryam

I've heard about many people gaining weight back after gastric bypass, but not so much with the band. Usually I've read that you lose weight slower, but it does come off in the end.

The problems with the band I have heard about are slippage or erosion, or that people just get tired of having to be careful of what they eat all the time.

With a lower BMI you will probably lose weight slower, but then, you have less to lose.

I had my surgery on December 6th. My BMI was 31 on the day of my surgery. I agree that after gastric bypass people are more likely to regain weight. With the band, it is adjustable so when food starts to go down too easy you can have it "tightened" up. Also as you lose weight, there is less fat around the band and the band will loosen up and you will be able to eat more. Then you get a fill. With bypass, you cannot adjust your pouch. AS you lose weight and there is less pressure on your pouch, you can't have your pouch adjusted to compinsate. I have lost about 7 lbs since my surgery, alot of that has to do with the fact that I have to be on liquids and "creamy soups" until the 25th of December. I am ready for a fill though, I am starving, I have never felt hunger pains like these. :blink:

Hi everybody,

I am thinking :-? about having lap band, but my BMI is less than 35.

Besides I sacred a lot about the surgery and I heard some people gain most of their weight back after a few years.

Please share your experience with me. The good ones and the bad ones also.

Thanks,

Maryam

MY BMI STARTED AT 32.6 AND NOW I'M AT 24.1 N O R M A L!!! WOO HOO

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER :)

MY SISSY JUST GOT BANDED AND GOES IN FOR HER FIRST FILL TOMORROW AND I KNOW HER BMI WAS A LITTLE LOWER THEN MINE

GOOD LUCK TO YOU