Any teens out there???

HI. I am 15 years old and am wanting to have a lapband put on. My whole life i have been overweight and diets alwayz fail. Being at 6 foot tall and weighing 290 lbs isnt very easy. I am very athletic, but do partially to my weight i have big issues with my knees. Is there anyone out there that can relate that is in the process of getting a band or has already received one??? Please reply!!!

God Bless,

:DSweetyetbratty

• 4 weeks later...

I am 19 years old, and I am getting the lapbnand surgery this summer. I am absolutely ecstatic, and can completely relate to the being over weight deal. I weigh around 300, and I am short, at only 5'4". I will be a sophomore in college, and although I've always been popular and have always been happy, it's not fun being overweight.

Are you getting the lap band surgery, too? Have a good day!

• 2 weeks later...

I am 19 years old, and I am getting the lapbnand surgery this summer. I am absolutely ecstatic, and can completely relate to the being over weight deal. I weigh around 300, and I am short, at only 5'4". I will be a sophomore in college, and although I've always been popular and have always been happy, it's not fun being overweight.

Are you getting the lap band surgery, too? Have a good day!

First, i would like to say thank you for replying and i am sorry it took so long for me to write back! I have tried diet after diet and think this could be my answer. I wish i could get banded this summer, but do to finances it doesnt look to promising. I get so happy just thinking there will be a chance in the future and to know there are others that can relate to my situation.

God Bless,

sweetyetbratty

hey!

Im 16 and Ive been overwieght all my life exept now Im obes I weigh 195 and I am only 5 feet and 5 inches I am getting information about getting the surgery..do any of u live in califonia and know any information about getting the surgery in cali?

please tell me if u have any answers or just want to get to know me!

• 10 months later...