How do I get the glue off?

Hello all,

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 12/7-yeah but I am having trouble getting the glue off. I have been trying to gently scrub it off but it isn't coming off. Also, I have a blackish color all over my stomach and my hips from the residue. When is the glue supposed to come off the incision site and how do I get it off my stomach/incisions myself if it is okay to come off now? Any advise. Thanks.

A blackish residue from the glue? Like a bruise? On top of the skin or under the skin? Does it wash off at all? Questions questions questions.

The glue will fall off on it's own in time, it just takes a little while. When you're scrubbing be careful not to irritate your incisions, that might have more to do with your discolorations than the glue itself.

Hello all,

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 12/7-yeah but I am having trouble getting the glue off. I have been trying to gently scrub it off but it isn't coming off. Also, I have a blackish color all over my stomach and my hips from the residue. When is the glue supposed to come off the incision site and how do I get it off my stomach/incisions myself if it is okay to come off now? Any advise. Thanks.

My glue just came off yesterday a little bit at a time. Every time I shower more of it loosens up and I had my surgery on 12/6. I had orange streaks across my chest for about a week! It will come off eventually, it is really good stuff. Mine had black under the glue, it was the scabs. They really itched until they came off. Good Luck.

Donna

Hello all,

It took awhile for the glue to come off and mine was black before it was all off too. Kinda like the glue was dirty but I didn't scrub at it, just washing gently in the shower. Eventually the glue and scabs were gone, but I too wondered while waiting. Everything is fine now and I go in for my first fill tomorrow. Yeah! Even though I am a little nervous since I hate needles.

It took awhile for the glue to come off and mine was black before it was all off too. Kinda like the glue was dirty but I didn't scrub at it, just washing gently in the shower. Eventually the glue and scabs were gone, but I too wondered while waiting. Everything is fine now and I go in for my first fill tomorrow. Yeah! Even though I am a little nervous since I hate needles.

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, YOU CAN HOLD MY HAND LOL

A blackish residue from the glue? Like a bruise? On top of the skin or under the skin? Does it wash off at all? Questions questions questions.

Yes, it is on top of the skin and I am positive it is not a bruise (but good question because at first I thought it was) It In one spot on my hip there is actually what looks like drip marks from when the glue first started running down my stomach and I have scrubbed at that part and now it is barily noticable. I use body wash so maybe a regular bar of soap would be better? As for the glue on the incisions I will leave that alone since that is what everyone says is the right thing to do and just let it come off by itself. Thanks for all of your help. You guys are great!