Lap Band and Tummy Tuck

Am considering lap band surgery in near future. Had a tummy tuck about 3 years ago. Wondering if I am a candidate for lap band or will something interfere with the procedure due to prior abdominal surgery.

That's kind of in reverse order,,, usually people have the lapband first,, lose weight and then have a tummy tuck. I'll have to check with Doctor Ortiz or Doctor Martinez and get their expert opinion. If your banded, I know at the Cosmed Plastic Surgery Clinic in Tijuana, they want you to have the band unfilled at the time of your Tuck or Lower body lift. For what reason,,, I don't know, but a couple weeks after plastic surgery you can have your band refilled. Just make sure you tell them your banded and where your port is located at the time of your first plastic surgery consultation. Also,, keep track of how much saline is removed from your band. All good bandsters always know how much saline is in their band. LOL. I'll check with the Cosmed clinic doctors and see what the reason is for the unfill and get back to the forum. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you let the lapband surgeon/plastic surgery surgeon and coordinators know up front your medical history and past surgeries.

Am considering lap band surgery in near future. Had a tummy tuck about 3 years ago. Wondering if I am a candidate for lap band or will something interfere with the procedure due to prior abdominal surgery.

The Obesity Control Clinic has quickly replied that there have been several patients that have had tummy tucks before they had been lapbanded and had no problems. Remember it's wize to list your tummy tuck in your medical history before any surgery.

That's kind of in reverse order,,, usually people have the lapband first,, lose weight and then have a tummy tuck. I'll have to check with Doctor Ortiz or Doctor Martinez and get their expert opinion. If your banded, I know at the Cosmed Plastic Surgery Clinic in Tijuana, they want you to have the band unfilled at the time of your Tuck or Lower body lift. For what reason,,, I don't know, but a couple weeks after plastic surgery you can have your band refilled. Just make sure you tell them your banded and where your port is located at the time of your first plastic surgery consultation. Also,, keep track of how much saline is removed from your band. All good bandsters always know how much saline is in their band. LOL. I'll check with the Cosmed clinic doctors and see what the reason is for the unfill and get back to the forum. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you let the lapband surgeon/plastic surgery surgeon and coordinators know up front your medical history and past surgeries.

I wanted to add to this post,,, I talked to the Cosmed Plastic Surgery Clinic and they told me that its not mandatory to have your band empty when having a lower lift/tummy tuck. It just so happened in a couple cases where the patient didn't want to be restricted while recuperating from the plastic surgery. I guess its one of those mental things where you want to eat like an oinker while in pain from the lower lift/tummy tuck. LOL.

I wanted to add to this post,,, I talked to the Cosmed Plastic Surgery Clinic and they told me that its not mandatory to have your band empty when having a lower lift/tummy tuck. It just so happened in a couple cases where the patient didn't want to be restricted while recuperating from the plastic surgery. I guess its one of those mental things where you want to eat like an oinker while in pain from the lower lift/tummy tuck. LOL.

I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING AN UNFILL WHEN I HAD MY TUMMY TUCK. I ENDED UP LOSING A FEW MORE POUNDS THAT WEEK JUST FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO HIT THE FRIG EVERY FEW HOURS LOL

I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING AN UNFILL WHEN I HAD MY TUMMY TUCK. I ENDED UP LOSING A FEW MORE POUNDS THAT WEEK JUST FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO HIT THE FRIG EVERY FEW HOURS LOL

I know,, I wouldn't want to unfill it either,, but, its like some people that will have it unfilled before they go on a cruise. What can you say. Different strokes for different folks.