Surgery upcoming!

What I did for my pre-op diet was to do a protein shake for breakfast and a protein shake for lunch, then I did lean cuisine for dinner. I did that for two weeks. Make sure that you do purchase the fiber pills and take one when you are hungry. It really did help me.

I travel a lot and I would eat at McDonalds or soemthing equivilant 2 out of 3 meals a day and nothing much healthier for dinner. When I was at home, I rarely cooked and when I did, most of the time it included something fried and mac and cheese. I love mac and cheese. Anyway, I was not making the best of choices.

When I began my pre-op diet, I was not sure I was going to be able to do it. The first day or two was kinda rough, but I gotta tell you, the lean cuisine ws the best tasting thing I had ever eaten after two shakes during the day. You would ahve thought I struck it rich. After a few days, I really did not even feel any hunger pains. It was kinda neat.

I lost almost 20 pounds in 2 weeks on the pre-op diet. Mostly becuase I was not eating all that crap I was eating before. Made me really think about it all.

Pick the best options for you. I chose the 2 week diet in case I screwed up once or twice, I would have time to make corrections. BUT, I never missed a beat. It was pretty cool.

Good luck to you. You are going to have a great experience.

I am scheduled for Jan 14th and it almost seems as an all of a sudden decision! Trying to understand all the ins/outs and what ifs. Why no caffeine? Some nutritional sites say ok some non caf coffee...is it just in the beginning? Why no half n half in the coffee? if only once a day then???? Can i do the liquid diet for the first week...what if i do eat....why is the stomach swollen if the surgery is laproscopic and there is not cutting the stomach....why liquid the first week or two....probably just nerves and i am looking forward to the life change....keeping in mind it is only a tool....whew.... :rolleyes: i can do it!!!!! ><'

I was really scared about all the prep work. And it was work. You end up drinking protein and eatting Lean Q. You need to prep your body for the surgery. It will help decrease the digestive / stomach areas to make it easy for the surgery. The complications decrease as well if everything is preped. I did it, and found the Lean Q dinners yummy. It is all very worth the effort. I am amazed how well everything is working out. My advise is to buy things ahead. Get all your supplies and get your head in the game. Good luck to you. I am sure you will do fine. If I can do it, so can you.

Shannon

Well I started my pre-op diet yesteday and :(( it was a little hard but I got through it!! =D> I did have to go to bed at

9:00 PM so I would quickly have 1 day under my belt. Since I only have 9 days to lose 10 lbs I thought I'd try Diet 1 which is the

protien shakes for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. I was told I could add vegtable soup with that and I did. I only consumed 710 cal. I didn't buy any of the pills they suggested but Christopher thanks for the recommendation on the fiber pills ...I will purchase :-h . Hope everyone has a great day and Good Luck to all!

I also have surgery upcoming on the 17th. I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow. I'm glad I have read all the helpful tips on here. It's endouraging to know that people have made it through and are doing well.

I had my surgery last August. My clinic required that I do a liquid diet for the 10 days leading up to my surgery, VERY DIFFICULT. I was able to do it, barely. I did find myself getting dizzy alot.

What I did during this time was to drink lots of milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast. Something my dietician suggested. Helped out quite a bit.

I was told this decreases the size of the liver which gives more room around the stomach.

After the surgery, I was on a diet of only clear liquids. Only broth, water (w/Crystal Light) and sugar free Jello for one week. Then, one week of whole liquids such as cream soup and milk. Then, 2 wks of pureed foods. Believe me when I say that by that time, a meal of 1/2 c. of pureed chicken and fat free refried beans was like a gourmet meal. :lol:

Good luck on your surgery. It has been a tremendous change for me. Just remember, exercise is the most important aspect afterwards.

I had the same pre-op diet that Christopher had/ I was also told I could eat as much green stuff as I wanted so I added a salad to my dinner and used the Wishbone Spritzer dressing. Also something that also helped me was Dill pickles/ They are green, 5 calories each and they crunch. Also, in the lean cusine, the panini's and the brick oven chicken ranch and bbq chicken pizzas are yummy. I lost 15 pounds in two weeks before my surgery and that was with cheating on the 4th of July and eating BBQ that dY.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY. AND PRE-OP DIET

Ok all,

where does it say no caffeine and no 1/2 & 1/2!!! I may have to call this whole thing off if I can not have my morning Java! thanks and let me know! I want to hear from all of you bandsters that are having it before mine on Feb. 18! also, Christopher in Fort Worth, where did you have yours?

I am talking POST surgery. I am still having my coffee and 1/2 n 1/2!

Pre-op - thanks for the pickle idea. I ate cooked broccoli with a bit of the Asian salad spritzer for dinner instead of a salad. A bit of a change up and still within the "green".

I am having my coffee in the morning for pre-op also. I cut back on the carbonated caffeine and of course the no alcohol until after surgery. I figure that can be on my liquid diet afterwards!!! :lol:

Hi all. I like the pickle idea also. I didn't want to eat broccoli because that may cause gas before surgery :P but I am 3 days on on pre-op diet and it is going better than I expected. I have stopped all carbonated drinks. I am having 3 slimfasts a day and add a soup progresso light 60 cal. for 1 cup and drinking lots of water. So far I have lost 4 lbs as of this morning. I needed o lose 10-12 so I am 1/3 there =D> ! Thanks for all the great ideas. Good luck to all having surgery.

=D> I am sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: talked to Dr Miranda today and yes I can continue my coffee REGULAR not decaf with my sweet n low and just two teaspoons of 1/2 n 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess what?!?!?!?!?I can have it the day after surgery since all WILL go well!!!!! ><'

OK now I am ready!!!!