should i have the operation help help

<_< hi everyone,

im booked in for my surgery on the 23 of jan and im so scared of the whole thing, i also feel i dont have enough support around me to tell me what im doing wrong and what i should be doing as in my eating.

I really want the results of the surgery but scared of going through it, maybe i need to be more postive...

hope to hear from some one that might have felt like i do now

thanks victoria

<_< hi everyone,

im booked in for my surgery on the 23 of jan and im so scared of the whole thing, i also feel i dont have enough support around me to tell me what im doing wrong and what i should be doing as in my eating.

I really want the results of the surgery but scared of going through it, maybe i need to be more postive...

hope to hear from some one that might have felt like i do now

thanks victoria

Hi Victoria, Everyone goes through this phase of worry. If your having your surgery at the OCC, your in good hands. After the surgery you'll wonder why you were such a worrier. LOL. As for me, I wish I would have been lap banded 5 years earlier when I first looked into it. I've been kicking myself ever since. I can say that the lap band is a tool and it works if properly filled. I started my pre op diet Jan 1st (at 295 lbs) and was banded at the OCC on Mar 1st ( at 275 lbs) I'm now down 85 lbs total. Hooora! I love my band. Oop's, Disclaimer: not all results are the same as me. LOL. I am not the poster child for lap banding. LOL. But, I love the results!

I had some problems (an overfill and most recently I was sick enough and didn't get attention fast enough and had to have my band removed) and would STILL highly recommend it. In fact, if OK'd, I will be getting another one ASAP.

I loved my band and miss it deeply :(

OCC is awesome and I will be going there again too.

Thanks for ur reply, could u pls tell me about this gas stuff i have read about apparently it happens after surgery, and to prevent it u must walk around straight after surgery what do u think?

Also what did u do for the first 2 to 3 days ? I mean as in eating wise, and then after when do i introduce a protien shake?

I think im gonna die of hunger and this scares me as i get bad anxiety when im hungry...

well looking forward to chatting to u

luv vic

Thanks for ur reply, could u pls tell me about this gas stuff i have read about apparently it happens after surgery, and to prevent it u must walk around straight after surgery what do u think?

Also what did u do for the first 2 to 3 days ? I mean as in eating wise, and then after when do i introduce a protien shake?

I think im gonna die of hunger and this scares me as i get bad anxiety when im hungry...

well looking forward to chatting to u

luv vic

Yes, walking around does help with the gas, but you'll still poot a lot ;)

Your body will have just gone through surgery, you been under anesthesia and pain pills - you're really not hungry those first few days. Plus you DO get fed - ice chips, freeze pops, broth...and you can drink water, broth, clear drinks etc. once you get to the hotel.

I can't remember when you can drink the protein drinks - Dr. Miranda will give you a schedule - just be sure to follow it :) The worst time is after you heal and before your first fill - Bandster Hell. You can/do eat so of course you're not losing any weight (some people even gain). But understand you need to let your body HEAL. This isn't a fast fix and yes, there may be times when you're hungry, anxious, etc. But it's worth it once you find the sweet spot :)

I was banded at OCC in July. I had no problems. No gas and minimal pain. Just a little tenderness at the incisions. As for support from your family?? My dh was all for me getting the surgery but let me tell you that he still weighs the same as when we married thirty some years ago and he just loves his chips and cookies/ Oh yeah, and Jewish rye bread. I do too but things are going great. You can do if you put your mind to it. I have lost 56 pounds since July even with cookies, chips and rye bread in the house/