im just worried about the diet abit mainly the 2days after the operation

:-? Well i eat for emotinal reasons i guess. Im just worried what if i feel really dizzy and sick and feel the need to want to eat.

Hey 2 days on fluids after being used to eating is scary, especially as i get anxious when im hungry i guess my sugar levels drop and i feel i cant think straight for its like my medicine a pill.

Im sure if all u can do it i can too hey whats 2 days, for a life time success. I will just stay home for a few weeks.

Im actually from australia but my surgeon is well train and a very good doctor he actually train in canada. Dr Padovan he one of the best here so im putting my faith and trust in him......

Well i have 16 days to go till my op. Give more positive thoughts.

thanks guys

Don't worry about the liquid only diet afterwards. You will not want to eat anything. Truly, you are not going to feel any hunger pains at all. I ate (drank) chicken broth and really that was enough. It really filled me up.

I actually got used to eating it. It is not that bad.

You can do it!!

I totally agree with you Christopher. You are not hungry the first week or so. It's been 7 months since I had my surgery and sometimes, I forget to eat because I'm not hungry. I too learned to love Chicken Broth.

Rhonda Gabriel

Down 56 pounds since June 5,2007

Don't worry about the liquid only diet afterwards. You will not want to eat anything. Truly, you are not going to feel any hunger pains at all. I ate (drank) chicken broth and really that was enough. It really filled me up.

I actually got used to eating it. It is not that bad.

You can do it!!

I totally agree with you Christopher. You are not hungry the first week or so. It's been 7 months since I had my surgery and sometimes, I forget to eat because I'm not hungry. I too learned to love Chicken Broth.

Rhonda Gabriel

Down 56 pounds since June 5,2007

I agree, but learning to love chicken broth is kinda pushing it...lol I don't want to see chicken broth except in something thicker. ;) Yeah, you are not hungry for at least the first week, but it gets tougher and I was also worried about the sugar levels dropping(which is actually your metabolism dropping), and tiredness and weakness setting in, but you should be ok since you can drink your chicken or beef broth and popsicles, etc. Worked for me. And, after 6 or 8 days you can add protein shakes...yeah a lifesaver and a more full feeling for sure.

I remember getting depressed and wanting to cry because I wanted to eat, but to protect my band and keeping in touch with this board was a lifesaver!

It's all good!

Peace,

Judy

I had my surgery 1 week ago and I wish that I wasn't thinking of eating. I DO get hungry. I expected not to but so far this is not what I had expected. Anyone else????

Well, I shouldn't really say this, but...when I got absolutely desperate to chew on something, I took a bite of something like a piece of meat or whatever(mainly something that cannot be chewed down too fast), and stood over the garbage can and chewed like crazy and kinda leaning over and spit it out into the garbage. The first thing I did it with was some really moist chicken. Then another time was a small piece of hamburger. It was a lifesaver for me when I was so desperate to chew. I was very satisfied by having something in my mouth to chew, but I knew I better lean over the garbage so I remember to spit it out. There could have been bad consequences if I forgot to do that and swallowed. :( Of course the second week I accidentally swallowed my gum and was almost faint when thinking about it getting stuck, so I was soo much more careful. That's another thing too, if you trust yourself is chew gum. ;)

Alot of people do not like this idea, but it helped me and several others I know that did it.

Good luck. It will get better soon.

Peace,

Judy