What's going on with me!

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while because I've been pretty discouraged with my band. I had my first fill on Oct 6 and since then my weight loss has dwindled down to about a pound a month. I can't afford to get another fill until Feb, so I had just kind of put the whole thing out of my mind until then. Well, suddenly two days ago I guess my band tightened, and suddenly I can hardly eat anything without pb-ing every time! Everything is getting stuck! Can a band just tighten up on it's own like this all of a sudden three months after a fill?

*history* My fill was an aggressive 2.4cc's in a 4cc band, the first month I lost about 14 pounds, and I've lost just 2 pounds since then.

So I know the problem is that I am not used to chewing well, because up until now I haven't had to. I'm eating the same type foods as I have since the fill as well. For two months I have been telling my husband how I need a fill, and now he is asking me how can I need a fill if I am constantly running to the bathroom to choke up my food? I really don't have an answer for him! I guess I just need to adjust my chewing and see how things go?

I could really use some advice!

Thanks,

Lauren :-?

You can irritate your stomach which will cause swelling and thus making the band seem tighter. Pb'ing only increases the irritation and keeps the swelling up. Go on liquids for a few days and see if that takes care of it. If not, you may need to get some saline taken out so your stomach can heal and go back to normal. I'd call the doctor at that point and get his advice.

LaurenLeigh,

Don't get discouraged, you have come too far to throw it all away. We Georgia girls need to stick together. You know you can always email me if you need to.

Rhonda Gabriel

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while because I've been pretty discouraged with my band. I had my first fill on Oct 6 and since then my weight loss has dwindled down to about a pound a month. I can't afford to get another fill until Feb, so I had just kind of put the whole thing out of my mind until then. Well, suddenly two days ago I guess my band tightened, and suddenly I can hardly eat anything without pb-ing every time! Everything is getting stuck! Can a band just tighten up on it's own like this all of a sudden three months after a fill?

*history* My fill was an aggressive 2.4cc's in a 4cc band, the first month I lost about 14 pounds, and I've lost just 2 pounds since then.

So I know the problem is that I am not used to chewing well, because up until now I haven't had to. I'm eating the same type foods as I have since the fill as well. For two months I have been telling my husband how I need a fill, and now he is asking me how can I need a fill if I am constantly running to the bathroom to choke up my food? I really don't have an answer for him! I guess I just need to adjust my chewing and see how things go?

I could really use some advice!

Thanks,

Lauren :-?

Thanks, ladies. I have been doing mostly slimfasts and a few very soft noodle soups for two days now and I haven't pb'd at all, so that is good. I did have some salad last night, though, but didn't have a problem with it. I think you are absolutely right Clynn, I think I irritated my stomach. I think I was taking for granted that I needed a fill, so I wasn't feeling like I needed to chew-chew-chew, so I was pb-ing a lot which made me irritate my stomach.

I really need to slow down when I eat, even if I do need a fill. It's so hard with two little kids. Every meal time is like this- eat two bites, get up and get something for someone, eat three bites, get up and clean up a spill, eat two bites, get up to get someone seconds, eat one bite and pb. That's dinner at my house. Then finally when everyone else is finished I eat my cold food. Dinner is VERY stressful for me. And on the weekends every meal is like that.