So excited...Jan. 25th!!

Hi,

I am new to this, just joined today. I have been reading the posts for several months though, most people get me very enthusiastic, some not so much. I am not nervous about the actual surgery, mostly nervous about my success. I don't want to be one of the people who "hate" the band. Or lose 12 pound in a year! I have confidence in myself to do well, I just hope my body co-operates! If any one is going on the 25th (Fri) I will see you then. Good Luck!

Hi...I'm booked on the 17th of Jan. I'll let you know how it goes. I wish I had the discipline and control all the time that i have right now for the pre-op diet. #-o If I did I wouldn't need the surgery...lol. All Is going well so far and have lost 10 pounds in a week. Good Luck!!!

Hi...I'm booked on the 17th of Jan. I'll let you know how it goes. I wish I had the discipline and control all the time that i have right now for the pre-op diet. #-o If I did I wouldn't need the surgery...lol. All Is going well so far and have lost 10 pounds in a week. Good Luck!!!

Congrats and Good Luck! I was banded in October of 2005 and have lost and kept off 125lbs. It can be done!!!

Hi,

I am new to this, just joined today. I have been reading the posts for several months though, most people get me very enthusiastic, some not so much. I am not nervous about the actual surgery, mostly nervous about my success. I don't want to be one of the people who "hate" the band. Or lose 12 pound in a year! I have confidence in myself to do well, I just hope my body co-operates! If any one is going on the 25th (Fri) I will see you then. Good Luck!

will be being picked up at the airport- I am coming in for a fill and we can ride together------if we can meet up with each other

Hi,

Hello Lapbanders,

I have decided to have Dr. Ortiz insert a band over an ten year old verticle banded gastioplasty(sp). Having never lost all my weight with that proceedure and also gaining half of it back, I am looking for the band to provide some control over the amount of food tolerable. I find though that the original surgery was no magic bullet saving me from my obesity, and I do not see this one as that either. To be thin a person I still need to eat well, exercise and change the thinking that has made me so unhappy. I see thin women and guess what, they do exercise and watch what they eat. The surgery can be eaten around if you are still using food as a soothing tool. You can get alot of calories in small and soft packages. Dr Ortiz pointed out to me after discussing my diet, that I have been eating soft foods. I could have been doing that in order to get the quantity that my fat body wants. He told me to eat solid foods and that has woken me up to this fact. I am looking forward to taking this lapband and to keep the exercise in my program. I hope I have made a good choice with Dr Ortiz, there are a dizzying amount of choices out there. Are there any others who have the older surgeries? I am scheduled for March 3, 2008

Highest Weight 337, Current 275, Goal 150 5'8" 50 years old

Hi,

I know how you feel! I too am having my surgery on Jan. 25th. Flying in from Philadelphia on the 24th. I just decided to do this on Jan. 2nd and it has been

a whirlwind getting everything done. Doing the pre-op diet now. We're in this together - I'll be seeing you Friday!