Insurance Paid Out

My insurance company pays for the lapband, but there were so many hurdles to overcome that it was not possible to actually get them all completed. So I made the decision to go to OCC.

I asked them for a receipt I could submit to my insurance company and they had it ready for me as I was leaving the day after my surgery. I faxed it to my insurance company along with a claim form and expected it to be denies, but it was wortha shot.

I did not hear anything from them and I tracked my claim online and it was not there. 20 days later, I faxed it in again. In about 5 days, I could see it was entered and showing up online. It was showing that they needed more information about the claim.

I went to the OCC to get my first fill and and asked them for a copy of my medical records for the insurance comapny. They had it waiting for me when I got there. I was all ready to fax them in and when I got home, there was a check in the mail.

I was so excited. Granted, they got me on my deductible and out of network charges, but I still ended up with half of what I paid for the surgery. Thank you Cigna.

Thought I would share with you all.

My insurance company pays for the lapband, but there were so many hurdles to overcome that it was not possible to actually get them all completed. So I made the decision to go to OCC.

I asked them for a receipt I could submit to my insurance company and they had it ready for me as I was leaving the day after my surgery. I faxed it to my insurance company along with a claim form and expected it to be denies, but it was wortha shot.

I did not hear anything from them and I tracked my claim online and it was not there. 20 days later, I faxed it in again. In about 5 days, I could see it was entered and showing up online. It was showing that they needed more information about the claim.

I went to the OCC to get my first fill and and asked them for a copy of my medical records for the insurance comapny. They had it waiting for me when I got there. I was all ready to fax them in and when I got home, there was a check in the mail.

I was so excited. Granted, they got me on my deductible and out of network charges, but I still ended up with half of what I paid for the surgery. Thank you Cigna.

Good luck!

That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!