Optifast vs Slim Fast and Homemade Broth

Hi there.

I'm getting banded on Feb 15th, and have been wondering if Slim Fast and Homemade Broth would be a fine substitute for Optifast. It's mostly about the savings and convience. I can stop in any market and pick up a Slim Fast, and I have been making my own Broth for years, so that's always easy.

Anyway, I thought I would check and see.

Thanks.

Peace,

Maggie

Hi there.

I'm getting banded on Feb 15th, and have been wondering if Slim Fast and Homemade Broth would be a fine substitute for Optifast. It's mostly about the savings and convience. I can stop in any market and pick up a Slim Fast, and I have been making my own Broth for years, so that's always easy.

Anyway, I thought I would check and see.

Thanks.

Peace,

Maggie

I haven't been drinking the Optima for 2 reasons. Besides the fact that it costs more than the Slim Fast -Low Carb Diet, it also has less SUGAR & CARBS, & more PROTEIN. I started a laxed version of the Adkins diet back in Nov, so naturally I have been watching my carb & sugar intake. It's not a bad habit to get into considering that's what got me here in the first place. The other reason for that would be bc when I have sugar, my body tends to react like a hypoglycemic or diabetic would when that sugar high wears off. I've know this for years, so I limit my sugar intake (no more Fraps from Starbucks or Coke) due to the uncomfortable after effects. I just started drinking the Slim Fast again just yesterday, on Day 9 after surgery. However, I was also drinking it during my pre-op diet.

As far as the broth, that would be perfect. I thought about making my own broth, as well, for convenience & financial reasons. In the meantime, when I work at the bar, I strain the soups we have, like the Baja Chicken or even the Au Jus, & water it down to make it more brothy. That has been a perfect quick "liquid meal" for me.

Good luck,

Kilani