Teen sugery sucess story!

Cassie

Hey Guys

My name is Cassie and I was the second child to ever come to Dr Ortiz for the lap-band surgery four years ago.

I have always tried to help people who were interested and many of the people I have talked to actually got the band!

I have always wanted something big like Oprah to happen so I could share my stories and help others.

My dream has finally came true, I get a chance to tell the word out about this amazing surgery which as changed my life for the best.

Oprahs Producers found me a week ago today and asked me about my experience with the lap-band. I sent them pictures, and before I knew it

my mom was on the phone non-stop talking to Oprah's people!! They were busy planning our trip out to Mexico to visit Dr. Ortiz and his team, and everything would be filmed!!

When I first found out I wasn’t sure if I want to laugh or cry.

I was so excited to see everyone again, they welcomed me back with open arms and were so AWESOME!

They even invited me to watch the surgery be preformed, that alone was pretty much the coolest thing I have ever got to witness.

I was sad to leave the OCC but I had an amazing time.

The camera guys were very nice and tried to make me feel as least awkward as possible.

That was kind of hard because they had a camera in my face everywhere me and my mother went.

But it was a very cool experience.

Now I am getting ready to leave tomorrow for Chicago, and I’m so excited!

We get to stay at the Omni Hotel and get limo service to and from the airport and to the Harpo studio.

On Thursday I get to meet Oprah herself and sit down on that comfy white couch of hers and share my story to the world.

I hurd an estimated 64 million people watch her show a week and it is shown in 135 countries world wide.

So if this doesn’t get the word out I don’t know what will!!

well I better finish packing, I have a long day tomorrow.

Thank you OCC, I Hope I make you proud!

Cassie

Well congrats!

I bet you are so excited!!

wait till you see the clinic

its awesome!!

and thanks for the luck haha I will need it

The OCC is the best place to go

you will be in good hands

HELLO CASSIE! I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE FORUM FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW AND AM AMAZED AT ALL THE PEOPLE THE OCC HAS HELPED! MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 25 AND I CAN'T WAIT!! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, SINCERELY, DARLENE =D>

Cassie,

This is so great! I truely hope she is not 'tough' on you with her questions, or make you doubt your choices.

I think you love yourself enough to take care of yourself the best way you know how. Remember that when you are in Chicago! The lap band was the right choice for you. It might not be the right choice for everyone - this is why they call it a choice.

I am choosing to have the lap band surgery on feb 15th. This is my choice, and it's the best choice for me. I won't let anyone tell me what to do with my body.

Good Luck!

PS - I'm from Chicago - you'll just love it - I hope you get time to have fun while your there. There's lots of great shopping very close to her studios!

Peace,

Maggie

Wow Cassie I am so proud for you. That is great. I have not been banded yet, but I have been saving my money and it won't be long until I get to meet Dr. Ortiz and the crew! I have been wanting it for the past couple of years. I am now 17, 6 ft 1 in, and 300 lbs. I have actually wrote in to Oprah and Ellen before trying to help me get the funds to get the surgery. I will definetly be watching Oprah on Monday. It would be great if you could tell me about some of your experiences. I hope you are blessed and have a great remainder of the week!!! -LEAH

Hi, I'm Sasha.

I'm 14, 5'6" and about 230lbs.

I came across your post the other night and it's inspiring, YOU LOOK GREAT!

Haha, I'm actually watching you on Oprah right now.

I've been thinking about this prcedure for a while and it feels good to see that it worked for someone else.

Thanks for posting this:]

><' You were awesome!!! I was so proud of you bandsters! I felt kind of sorry for the bypass kids! They did not know any better did they!! LOL! I thought what was aired was positive and if you noticed, your mom is the only one that mentioned Dr. Ortiz! No one mentioned OCC!!

I am glad I had the chance to see you now! You look great and sound so positive! Go GIRL and good for you and your mom finding a way to help you before it was too late! I get banded on Feb. 18! Jill :)

Cassie,

This is so great! I truely hope she is not 'tough' on you with her questions, or make you doubt your choices.

I think you love yourself enough to take care of yourself the best way you know how. Remember that when you are in Chicago! The lap band was the right choice for you. It might not be the right choice for everyone - this is why they call it a choice.

I am choosing to have the lap band surgery on feb 15th. This is my choice, and it's the best choice for me. I won't let anyone tell me what to do with my body.

Good Luck!

PS - I'm from Chicago - you'll just love it - I hope you get time to have fun while your there. There's lots of great shopping very close to her studios!

Peace,

Maggie

I arrive on Feb. 17! Wasn't Cassie GREAT??? :D

i saw you on oprah the other day! i really have to say you look AMAZING.

im 17 and im pretty sure im getting the lap band over the summer, but your whole thing on oprah really made me feel so much better about getting it. so thanks for doing it and talking about it :)

<3

• 1 month later...

I SAW YOU YOU ON OPRAH =D> AND ITS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS WAITING IN MY LIFE TO HEAR SO THAT SAME DAY I TALKED TO MY MOM AND I SCHEDULED IT AND NOW I HAVE 3 DAYS SINCE I HAD THE SURGERY ...

THANKS FOR YOUR STORY BECAUSE IT REALLY HELPED IM 5'7 17YEARS OLD AND I WAS 286 THE DAY OF SURGERY AND RIGHT NOW IM 279