Fills

How long do I have to wait to get a fill? Five or six weeks post-op :-?

Your doctor should talk to you about that. For most, it is 4-6 weeks, enough time to allow your band to heal in place and any swelling from surgery to go down.

After that, you can refill in shorter times, though usually two weeks is the shortest time between fills, again to let any swelling go down and to get used to the band adjustment. Some people only need one or two fills to reach the best spot for them; it also depends on what size band you have to determine how many fills you need, or how much fill you need each time.

How long do I have to wait to get a fill? Five or six weeks post-op :-?

Another factor to consider is how much restriction you have at the 6 week mark. If you have restriction,, and your losing weight,, hang loose for awhile and see how it goes. But at the end of the 6 week mark you can eat the house,,, time for that fill. LOL. I know of several patients that have had a lot of restriction from the get go. Several have waited till the 10 week mark and went for a fill. Plus they didn't require much of a fill the first time because of their restriction. You'll be able to tell. Like snowbird said,,, talk to the doctor and you both can decide whats best.