Oprah show

I live in the midwest,, so I just got done watching the Oprah show.. The only bad thing I saw was when they showed tape of Tijuana. Oprahs film crew must of drove down the worst streets in TJ.. It didn't do TJ any justice, LOL There's streets in Chicago that are just as bad.. LOL. But over all I thought the show was pretty postive concerning the Lap band. We'll just have to wait and see if Oprah goes the route of the Lap band.. But due to HEPA, we'll never know unless she gives that info out. Cassie did a fine job and looked great! We're all proud of her.

I live in the midwest,, so I just got done watching the Oprah show.. The only bad thing I saw was when they showed tape of Tijuana. Oprahs film crew must of drove down the worst streets in TJ.. It didn't do TJ any justice, LOL There's streets in Chicago that are just as bad.. LOL. But over all I thought the show was pretty postive concerning the Lap band. We'll just have to wait and see if Oprah goes the route of the Lap band.. But due to HEPA, we'll never know unless she gives that info out. Cassie did a fine job and looked great! We're all proud of her.

Thanks for the info. I have it ready to record on my DVR since I don't get home from work until about 15-20 min after it starts. Did they show anything familiar in TJ? I would hope they would have filmed around OCC and Lucerna. I think OCC is in a strange area because I have no clue where it was because of being driven there by mama Ortiz. I only saw a couple pics from what my mom and her new friend took nearby.

Thanks again! I will surely put in my two cents after I watch it too!

Judy

I think the show was great.Cassie did a great job anytime someone took a jab at the band. I was nervous for her, but she held up better than I would have. Hurrah bandsters!!!!!!!!!!

btw it really brought back memories when they were showing the border. I am so glad i did it.

Strong is not fighting and constantly being defeated.

Strong is finding a better way to win =D>

I felt like Oprah was interviewing these kids and parents to get as much information as she could for her personal self. Almost like she wanted to know all about it from people who've had it done, because she wants to get it done, and wants first hand account on how everything went. At the same time, she's trying so hard to discount it and wants them to say something bad about it. She looks almost uncomfortable hearing all the postitve feedback from these kids and their parents.

Dr. Oz - we'll let's just be kind and leave him out of it. He spoke out of his knowledge and we can leave it at that.

I admit I'm surprised the see Oprah trying so hard to make these kids say something that's not there. I think she may relate to these kids and have a bit of envy. She's struggled with her weight forever and is having such a hard time with it. I beleive she's tried everything she can - looking deep into self exploration, liquid diet, trainer, personal chef - and she always puts the weight back on. It might sting a little to see these kids having lost and keeping the weight off.

In any event - I love Oprah - I beleive she is a spirited women of purpose and is still on her own journey with her weight.

Cassie - honey - you are very sweet! You, and the other kids did a great job. Live you life and love your life.

Much Peace,

Maggie

Being banded on 2/15/08

Saw the show, thought it was great. Cassie was very poised and knowledgable. Wish they would have shown more of Dr. Ortiz and the OCC but I guess we should just be happy they showed it at all. I hope this helps to educate people....no matter what age they are.

Hi All , im new , my name is Mindy . I found the site from another form that was talking about the Oprah show.

I found Cassie and her mother did a great job, all the WLS patients did a good job on the show.

I think , this is just my personal opinion that Oprah's tone in general negative towards the WLS kids.

Cassie did a great job of standing up for herself. I personally got very aggravated at the end when oprah turned to the teen who had lost weight with out WLS and said " I am very proud of you YOU are a true inspiration" WTF The rest of the kids are not ? I was VERY angry at that comment , i felt it was a dig at the other kids.

I felt Dr Oz was uneducated about the Band and Oprah had to have known that going into this show.

Over all I did not think it was a BAD show , but I do not think it put a total positive spin on it either. I think it could have been A LOT better for positives as far as the band goes.

I too wish more of Dr Ortiz was shown . And when i say the positives I mean on Oprahs part, Cassie, Jenn and the other teens and moms did a great job !!

Mindy