dr. ortiz band me 2/08/08

=D> I had the most wonderful experience at Dr. Ortiz's office in TJ, Mexico. I first heard about this procedure on Monday's Oprah show....and with in 15 mins of the show I KNEW IT WAS FOR ME!!!

I called and had the best person named Lori answer the call & it just so happens we live near by each other. I booked my Dr. appt to get a lap band for Fri. 2/8/08. 4 days later & here i am a new banster!,

Every single person from the driver who picked me up to Dr. Ortiz's mother to the fantastic nurses!! At one point the nurse even hugged me because i was so nervous!!! The receptionist, Dr. Hermans and Dr. Miranda ( invite me ur ur wedding & ill invite u to mine)lol........these people are the most wonderful doctors I have ever experienced! I was not rushed. I was not hurried. Dr. Martinez went above and behond to make me feel safe & ready to leave. I just had the best experience and would NEVER go or recommend anywhere else.

I feel very lucky and look forward to my skinny future.

For the record Dr. Ortiz is even cuter in person!! omg!!

Can't wait for my first fill in 6 weeks I will be traveling to mexico for my fills directly based on what wonderful care I recieved!

OUTSTANDING TEAM!! THANK YOU!!

Staci

http://www.myspace.com/staciamicarelli

=D> I had the most wonderful experience at Dr. Ortiz's office in TJ, Mexico. I first heard about this procedure on Monday's Oprah show....and with in 15 mins of the show I KNEW IT WAS FOR ME!!!

I called and had the best person named Lori answer the call & it just so happens we live near by each other. I booked my Dr. appt to get a lap band for Fri. 2/8/08. 4 days later & here i am a new banster!,

Every single person from the driver who picked me up to Dr. Ortiz's mother to the fantastic nurses!! At one point the nurse even hugged me because i was so nervous!!! The receptionist, Dr. Hermans and Dr. Miranda ( invite me ur ur wedding & ill invite u to mine)lol........these people are the most wonderful doctors I have ever experienced! I was not rushed. I was not hurried. Dr. Martinez went above and behond to make me feel safe & ready to leave. I just had the best experience and would NEVER go or recommend anywhere else.

Can't wait for my first fill in 6 weeks I will be traveling to mexico for my fills directly based on what wonderful care I recieved!

Staci

Kudos for you.. Thanks for your input. You made me feel better about my decision.

Kudos for you.. Thanks for your input. You made me feel better about my decision.

I also called OBCT after watching the Oprah show. It inspired me so much that I have a Valentines Day date with Dr. Ortiz.

Can I ask you about your BMI and weight at band time?

I'm happy for you and wish you the best of luck.

I also called OBCT after watching the Oprah show. It inspired me so much that I have a Valentines Day date with Dr. Ortiz.

Can I ask you about your BMI and weight at band time?

I'm happy for you and wish you the best of luck.

my bmi was 33.2 & i weighed in at 219lbs. I am 5'8 & 1/2 ,,,,,,

im telling you that dr. ortiz & his whole staff are so wonderful & awesome ...I can't say enough good things!! I was so stressed out last week cuz i made such a quick appt. & didnt know much about lap bands just what i researched last week ....and they made me feel so comfortable , they gave me a pill for my nerves and calmed me down & were so sweet .....i was never rushed & sunday morning b4 we left the hotel i called one of the dr'.s on his cel phone @ 10 am on a sunday morning....AND THE DR. ANSWERED!!find any dr. in the US who gives u his personal number or answers his own phone??? I also met a lot of people gettin bands ...it was busy but u never feel rushed or anything...its like ur own personal hospital:)

A lil advice i can give is stick with warm/hot liquid post op.....it goes down much easier....when my broth got cool & i kept drinkin it i felt horrible...then i had some hot liquid( several hrs later) ....... & felt like a new person.:)

my bmi was 33.2 & i weighed in at 219lbs. I am 5'8 & 1/2 ,,,,,,

im telling you that dr. ortiz & his whole staff are so wonderful & awesome ...I can't say enough good things!! I was so stressed out last week cuz i made such a quick appt. & didnt know much about lap bands just what i researched last week ....and they made me feel so comfortable , they gave me a pill for my nervous and calmed me down & were so sweet .....i was never rushed & sunday morning b4 we left the hotel i called one od the dr.son his cel phone @ 10 am on a sunday morning....AND THE DR. ANSWERED!!find any dr. in the US who gives u his personal number or answers his own phone??? I also met a lot of people gettin bands ...it was busy but u never feel rushed or anything...its like ur own personal hospital:)

A lil advice i can give is stick with warm/hot liquid post op.....it goes down much easier....when my broth got cool & i kept drinkin it i felt horrible...then i had some hot liquid( several hrs later) ....... & felt like a new person.:)

http://www.myspace.com/staciamicarelli

add me if ur on my space:)

Staci

Staci,

How are you doing? I'm set for surgery on the 28th of Feb. I'd like to know how things are going with you since you just had yours done. Did you get the shoulder pain that bandsters get? How are you doing on the liquid diet? I'm trying to figure out still what I'm suppose to be stocking up on for aftercare food. I pray all is well with you.

Hanna

Staci,

How are you doing? I'm set for surgery on the 28th of Feb. I'd like to know how things are going with you since you just had yours done. Did you get the shoulder pain that bandsters get? How are you doing of the liquid diet? I'm trying to figure out still what I'm suppose to be stocking up on for aftercare food. I pray all is well with you.

Hanna

On day 2 i was feeling pain from the gas they use and day 3 i had heartburn/gas pain but i took it easy & got thru it .....

On day 5 Im feeling a lot better. All the gas pain that your talking about is finally gone,whew. That was uncomfortable! I didnt get it my my shoulders just in my chest & whole body pretty much,lol. The first 3 days i had only clear chicken broth & gatorade,& h2o. On day 4 I had drinkable yogart ( danimals) ..its totally weird to be full after a few sips or a half a cup of liquid, but its true. The worst part is in my head & trying to retrain myself on food & hunger & ya know all of the food addiction parts. It reminds me of the 1st time i went on Atkins & had to train myself to stay away from carbs. I have to stay focused that my body is not hungery its in my head...now when i truely am hungry I drink a lil something & the hunger goes away....staying on liquids is really a battle of the mind.......is how i feel....its actually starting to make me feel free from my food addiction that was grippin me for so long......if that makes sense? ><'

On day 2 i was feeling pain from the gas they use and day 3 i had heartburn/gas pain but i took it easy & got thru it .....

On day 5 Im feeling a lot better. All the gas pain that your talking about is finally gone,whew. That was uncomfortable! I didnt get it my my shoulders just in my chest & whole body pretty much,lol. The first 3 days i had only clear chicken broth & gatorade,& h2o. On day 4 I had drinkable yogart ( danimals) ..its totally weird to be full after a few sips or a half a cup of liquid, but its true. The worst part is in my head & trying to retrain myself on food & hunger & ya know all of the food addiction parts. It reminds me of the 1st time i went on Atkins & had to train myself to stay away from carbs. I have to stay focused that my body is not hungery its in my head...now when i truely am hungry I drink a lil something & the hunger goes away....staying on liquids is really a battle of the mind.......is how i feel....its actually starting to make me feel free from my food addiction that was grippin me for so long......if that makes sense? ><'

It totally makes sense. I did the whole Atkins diet thing too and then fell off the wagon 3 months later. Thanks for letting me know your experience. I just started my pre-op diet and bought some slim-fast drinks. Rene, from the TJ clinic said that if I do a slim-fast in the morning, a small green salad for lunch and then another slimfast, then a lean cuisine for dinner. I'll see how this goes for this week... I'm determined to make this diet work. He even asked me to practice eating already...by taking small bites and chewing a lot before swallowing. This will be an adventure in itself. I do the meal preparations for my whole family, 5 of us. I'll see how I stay away from the food I cook while we dine together. I actually told my whole family to be supportive by not tempting me about food during meal times. Pray that I'll hang in there and not cheat before surgery date. I want to get a head start loosing weight. I was told that once you loose the weight it stays off... you don't regain it. That sounds soooo good to me. You take care and contact me anytime you feel like it. I'll be checking on your progress, if you continue to post.

Hanna

How long are you supose to drink only liquids??

Well , i was told to have clear broths, gatarade & different vitamin h20 for the first 3 days. Then on day 4 I was able to have drinkable yogart, too. Then I day 6 I get to add protein drinks. Then on day 7 I get to add creamy soups. I get to have solid food again after 3 weeks. Believe me, the reason it seems a lil easier to do is that I know I will keep this weight off...it's not like every other diet ive done where i gained it all back each time.....im lookin fwd to my skinny future:) good luck with you :)

Do you have to worry about getting enough calories?

not worried about that cuz on day 7 i get creamy soups & day 6 i get protein drinks.......so i know that it will even out...I was told to eat about 1500 calories per day after all this post op stuff, ya know:)

I arrived on a thursday night & left on Sunday afternoon....it took 2 1/2 hrs to get across the boarder cuz we didnt leave until 1:30 in the afternoon. The Driver was sweet & the van was new & clean & had a/c . It was comfortable:) even though i was uncomfortable & sore.

It really depends on WHICH morning you're leaving. Monday mornings I've seen be a bear because many are crossing over for a week of work. Like Sunday nights are awful because of all the tourists coming home.

OCC is by far the best medical experience I've ever had - the US medical profession could learn a lot :)

Humm,,, I may have to move appointments, i'm 33 not any younger, How long till back to normal? are you there yet?? Waiting in traffic would make me crazy I will plan on the early pick up!! Thanks

Donna

Well, i am on day 8 & i finally went to work half day & i feel so much better.....so much better!! I dont know about every body else but i needed a week for recovery. :)

That was my first trip to mexico via the boarder so other people prob have a better sense of good times to cross:) It was by FAR my best experience as far as health care,2:)

Well, i am on day 8 & i finally went to work half day & i feel so much better.....so much better!! I dont know about every body else but i needed a week for recovery. :)

That was my first trip to mexico via the boarder so other people prob have a better sense of good times to cross:) It was by FAR my best experience as far as health care,2:)

So Glad your feeling better!!!!

How is the weight loss progressing?

i dont own a scale ...so i went to my best friends on day 6 & i had lost 6 lbs .....i will weigh in again this week though....i cant wait!!!!

i guess i can buy a scale now...lol....now that i know im lossing weight it wont be so depressing:)

i dont own a scale ...so i went to my best friends on day 6 & i had lost 6 lbs .....i will weigh in again this week though....i cant wait!!!!

i guess i can buy a scale now...lol....now that i know im lossing weight it wont be so depressing:)

That's wonderful!! I bet your clothes are fitting better.... I can't wait to buy or fit into smaller clothes!!

How much do you want to lose?

Donna