Pre-Op Diet Alternatives

Hello all,

I'm in the mode of trying to drop some lbs before surgery. I like the vanilla FIT365 drinks I make from powder. However, they messed up my order and can't send the chocolate until two days before I leave for TJ. I'm running out of the vanilla real quick.

Does anyone have any good alternatives? I get Gout and I believe soy protein might cause an attack.

Thanks.

I am going to use the slimfast high protein formula. Laura

Hello all,

I'm in the mode of trying to drop some lbs before surgery. I like the vanilla FIT365 drinks I make from powder. However, they messed up my order and can't send the chocolate until two days before I leave for TJ. I'm running out of the vanilla real quick.

Does anyone have any good alternatives? I get Gout and I believe soy protein might cause an attack.

Thanks.

Glucerna was my choice, and has been a favorite for me for a quick meal substitute since my surgery. (It's the diabetic version of Ensure) The flavors are rich, and with a few cubes of ice, a drop or 2 of vanilla extract, and a few seconds in the blender, they taste almost sinful. The 12 oz version has about 290 calories as I remember, so it truly does replace a meal. I even keep one in my golf bag for a quick energy pickup.

Good luck....Dr. Ortiz should be nominated for Sainthood...he is a worker of miraculous things!

Arnold

Glucerna

Good luck....Dr. Ortiz should be nominated for Sainthood...he is a worker of miraculous things!

Arnold

Thanks for the information .... everyone.

I've opted for the Slim Fast Optima. I saw the Glucerna, however I wasn't constrained to it since I don't have Diabetes. The Optima had fewer calories and it was about 2/3 the cost of Glucerna. The taste is good but I'm only had one Rich Chocolate so far. Since I'm less than a week away I'm going to be drinking quite a few of them.

I have no doubt in Dr. Ortiz, or I wouldn't let him poke holes and put foreign objects in me later next week.

Once again, thanks for the info.

NWMarc