I need help starting over with eating...

Hey all,

I feel really stupid about this, but I need help and suggestions for the best foods to eat to continue my weight loss. I just had my second fill and have pretty good restriction. I still have my coffee in the morning and try to eat some good protein at lunch and dinner. I haven't figured out what to eat for breakfast yet. As with many of you, mornings can be rough when trying to eat something because of morning restriction issues. I have tried cottage cheese, but found out the hard way that it has alot of sodium in just half a cup and I swell easily in my legs and ankles. :( Btw, I found out that mashing a banana with the cottage cheese helps alot with bowel movements. lol ; ) I used to eat that when I was little. Very good as a mushy food.

So, if anyone out there has like an easy diet plan I could follow, mucho appreciation would be given. I really need to make the right choices and determine all over again what is head hunger and actual hunger.

Peace and thanks!

Judy

Hi, Judy !

Have you tried oatmeal ? (the 5 minute kind, not the quickie)

Its really good for you --- you may just have to eat it slowly --

and I've never been able to eat breakfast (pre and post banding)

until I'm up for at least 2 hours -- usually 3.

Curves also has a new cereal out and its pretty good.

Best of luck to you !!!

(and there's NOTHING stupid about you, so knock that off)

Lisa

Hi, Judy !

Have you tried oatmeal ? (the 5 minute kind, not the quickie)

Its really good for you --- you may just have to eat it slowly --

and I've never been able to eat breakfast (pre and post banding)

until I'm up for at least 2 hours -- usually 3.

Curves also has a new cereal out and its pretty good.

Best of luck to you !!!

(and there's NOTHING stupid about you, so knock that off)

Lisa

Thanks so much Lisa! I will knock off the beating myself up words and such as well as trying too hard to have my own little pity party. ;) You are so right on about it all and I thank you so much for the awesome pep talk! That includes Lori too! :) I love you guys. Feeling better now. ;) I guess I just see others that have struggled as well as those that have had great success and their huge change in their bodies by their pics, that I want to be there too. Of course, I have more to lose than most, but will get there with great support from you and everyone on this forum. It will take time and I just need to focus on my goal and eating habits.

I love cereal and oatmeal, but the sugar content is what I don't want to drag me down. I have some Special K w/strawberries, but have been afraid to eat it just yet. I love their crunchy bars though, but wasn't sure about eating them since this last fill. I guess if I can still chew down and swallow chicken, then the cereal should be ok. I like oatmeal, but again the sugar content. I was thinking the packets and I love cinnamon, but will have to check and see what's out there.

Thanks again Lisa! I will definitely keep in touch about my journey. I need to post a new avatar, but photobucket isn't helping me get my password yet. I look much lighter now than the one I have on.

Peace and hugs,

Judy

I have oatmeal almost every morning, with some finely diced walnuts, sometimes a few frozen blueberries, and a sprinkly of cinnamon. I use sugar free pancake syrup for sweetener, and it is yummy!

If I am in a hurry, I have a South Beach breakfast bar. I'm pretty tight so I have to eat it slowly, but it fills me up pretty well and doesn't have a ton of sugar. i can't do bananas; they get uncomfortably stuck no matter how I smush them up in my mouth.

Good luck! It's so easy to lose sight of goals and slip back into old bad habits, or sometimes even into new bad habits. My motto is always, "you can't change yesterday but you can change tomorrow."