Anyone with surgery date of 2/28/08?

Hi all,

I faxed paperwork and paid the deposit!. I'm set for a surgery date on Feb. 28, 2008. Anyone going to be there for the same date for fills or surgery? If you are then we can support each other. I may have to go alone, which I don't really want but it's just how things are working out right now. Anyways I'm excited!!!!

Hanna

Hi all,

I faxed paperwork and paid the deposit!. I'm set for a surgery date on Feb. 28, 2008. Anyone going to be there for the same date for fills or surgery? If you are then we can support each other. I may have to go alone, which I don't really want but it's just how things are working out right now. Anyways I'm excited!!!!

Hanna

HI Hanna,

My surgery date is on 2-27!!! Excited, too! Maybe we can see each other at the center!

HI Hanna,

My surgery date is on 2-27!!! Excited, too! Maybe we can see each other at the center!

Hi Shampoo!

Yes, I think we will be able to see each other. I'm arriving on the 27th to do pre-op assessment then 28th for surgery. You must be coming on the 26th. We can definitely do lunch, dinner? I mean sip clear fluids and broth together at the hotel Lucerna, lol ! I'm coming in from WA state, how about you?

Hanna :-)

Hello, this is my first post, I have been watching the forum for a long time now. I have just faxed my information, I DID IT! ><' My surgery is set for the 28th also of this month. Only thing I have left is to get my airline tickets, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the best deal? Really look forward to meeting everyone! My husband is going along with me even though he is totally against it, but I guess he is supporting me, he is going.

Any suggestions on the pre op diet, I think I need to start it this Thursday, how much weight are you suppose to lose? I am 215 lbs, I was thinking Lori told me 10 lbs, I need to go back and check that.

Thanks in advance for all information!

Hello, this is my first post, I have been watching the forum for a long time now. I have just faxed my information, I DID IT! ><' My surgery is set for the 28th also of this month. Only thing I have left is to get my airline tickets, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the best deal? Really look forward to meeting everyone! My husband is going along with me even though he is totally against it, but I guess he is supporting me, he is going.

Any suggestions on the pre op diet, I think I need to start it this Thursday, how much weight are you suppose to lose? I am 215 lbs, I was thinking Lori told me 10 lbs, I need to go back and check that.

Thanks in advance for all information!

Congratulations Kissyfur! We have the same surgery date! We will definitely see each other at the center or the hotel. It's nice that you have your husband coming to support you even though he's skeptical about it. My husband wants to go too but we have our 3 & 4 year olds that will not do well w/both our absence for 3 nights. They've always had me around everyday of their lives since they were born! Anyways I figure I'd get more rest after surgery if they all just stayed home and I talked with them on the phone. A little nervous about them missing mom (or mom missing them) while I'm gone.

On the pre-op diet. I'm doing slimfast for breakfast and lunch and then a lean-cuisine for dinner. During breakfast you can eat a slice of multigrain/wholewheat bread with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter, then lunch I'm suppose to have a small green salad with low fat dressing. Go online and do the www.slimfast.com support. I signed up to see the options of what I can do for a meal plan. We'll see how it goes because I've only started yesterday. The Slimfast Optima drink "rich chocolate royale" is fantastic. I put it in the freezer for about 10 mins. before drinking it with a straw and it becomes a slushy chocolate drink.. delicious! There's quite a bit of diff. flavors out there now, so buy a sampling of each and then buy in bulk when you've decided which ones you like. I hope this helps...I'm still figuring this out myself.

Hanna :rolleyes:

Hi Shampoo!

Yes, I think we will be able to see each other. I'm arriving on the 27th to do pre-op assessment then 28th for surgery. You must be coming on the 26th. We can definitely do lunch, dinner? I mean sip clear fluids and broth together at the hotel Lucerna, lol ! I'm coming in from WA state, how about you?

Hanna :-)

HI Hanna,

Yeah!!!! Let's have clear fluids and broth together! (LOL!!!)

I am travelling alone and would really love some company... how about you, are you travelling along or with a friend/relative?

I am actually travelling from Atlanta, Georgia! Yup, really excited and determined to get this procedure done!

I am arriving on the 26th and I will be arriving hungry!!! I see we cannot eat or drink when we arrive.

I will leave a message for you at the front desk for "Hannah WAgirl" at Hotel Lucerna (LOL) so we can get connected.

I look forward to seeing you there!!!!

Lynn

Congratulations Kissyfur! We have the same surgery date! We will definitely see each other at the center or the hotel. It's nice that you have your husband coming to support you even though he's skeptical about it. My husband wants to go too but we have our 3 & 4 year olds that will not do well w/both our absence for 3 nights. They've always had me around everyday of their lives since they were born! Anyways I figure I'd get more rest after surgery if they all just stayed home and I talked with them on the phone. A little nervous about them missing mom (or mom missing them) while I'm gone.

On the pre-op diet. I'm doing slimfast for breakfast and lunch and then a lean-cuisine for dinner. During breakfast you can eat a slice of multigrain/wholewheat bread with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter, then lunch I'm suppose to have a small green salad with low fat dressing. Go online and do the www.slimfast.com support. I signed up to see the options of what I can do for a meal plan. We'll see how it goes because I've only started yesterday. The Slimfast Optima drink "rich chocolate royale" is fantastic. I put it in the freezer for about 10 mins. before drinking it with a straw and it becomes a slushy chocolate drink.. delicious! There's quite a bit of diff. flavors out there now, so buy a sampling of each and then buy in bulk when you've decided which ones you like. I hope this helps...I'm still figuring this out myself.

Hanna :rolleyes:

Hi Kissy!!!!

I am doing basically what Hanna is doing. I do switch my protein shake but I do read the label to make sure it's less that 225 cal and not less that 10g protein per serving. I just like variety for taste - I get bored with taste very easily. However, I drink my protein shakes for breakfast and dinner - and do my lean cuisine for lunch. Like you and Hanna, I am still figuring out what tastes I like, what different options I can do.. I hope this helps you.

I am 185 and 5'1'' but I was told to loose 10lbs too.

My surgery date is on the 27th but hopefully we could meet up and at the very least, say HI in person! :-)

Take care always,

Lynn

Hi Kissy!!!!

I am doing basically what Hanna is doing. I do switch my protein shake but I do read the label to make sure it's less that 225 cal and not less that 10g protein per serving. I just like variety for taste - I get bored with taste very easily. However, I drink my protein shakes for breakfast and dinner - and do my lean cuisine for lunch. Like you and Hanna, I am still figuring out what tastes I like, what different options I can do.. I hope this helps you.

I am 185 and 5'1'' but I was told to loose 10lbs too.

My surgery date is on the 27th but hopefully we could meet up and at the very least, say HI in person! :-)

Take care always,

Lynn

I start tomorrow, eating everything in site today. I am going to try slimfast for breakfast and lunch and then a lean cuisine for lunch, I think I will starve. LOL I weigh 215 lbs now, gained 10 of that in the last 2 weeks just knowing I was doing this and knowing I was going to start the diet 2 weeks before, anyway, I am 5'5. I am wanting to get down to about 130 or so, I know that is in the future. Do you smoke or drink alcohol, I am quiting both of them tomorrow also, wow, no eating, no cigs, no girl cocktail nights, I don't like looking at it like that, I think looking at the aftermath is better. I have started taking vitamins and using beneful, hope that helps, does the protein shakes help you stay full? I am worried about the hunger pains.

I will get there before noon on the 27th, surgery is the 28th, coming home on the 1st. It is my first time flying and first time to Mexico. Really look forward to meeting you guys.

Do you have a myspace account, here is my username, I think it is the url, first time doing this also, lol. myspace.com/jbarlminiaus...myspace.com/jbarlminiaussies let me know if it works.