Optimistic reality

I was banded on the 11th... a bit of pain, a bit of discomfort, and to be a bit honest a of regret. Right now I am not sure this was the right decision. I am sure that will change and this it is a gimps at the rollercoaster I just got on.

After the surgery I felt great. no nausea, up and walking around right away, and online a little pain. After the swallow test I started drinking and then I started getting the “gas painâ€. I am a little nervous about the impending diet. I new what it entailed but it is all to real now.

Optimistic reality.. That is what I face right now.

:ph34r:

I was banded on the 11th... a bit of pain, a bit of discomfort, and to be a bit honest a of regret. Right now I am not sure this was the right decision. I am sure that will change and this it is a gimps at the rollercoaster I just got on.

After the surgery I felt great. no nausea, up and walking around right away, and online a little pain. After the swallow test I started drinking and then I started getting the “gas painâ€. I am a little nervous about the impending diet. I new what it entailed but it is all to real now.

Optimistic reality.. That is what I face right now.

:ph34r:

Aataylor,

I'll be praying for your pain and discomfort to subside and disappear all together. Have you called the doctor? I hope they are able to prescribe you something.

In sympathy,

Hanna

Aataylor,

I'll be praying for your pain and discomfort to subside and disappear all together. Have you called the doctor? I hope they are able to prescribe you something.

In sympathy,

Hanna

Don't be ready to jump on pain pills with a bit of gas pain. Sometimes the pain meds can cause more complications such as vomiting, which can really mess up your band. I'm not trying to hold myself out as a big brave girl, but I only took one pain pill after the surgery meds wore off. If you don't really need it, just continue walking around and moving gently to help with the gas pains. Some people claim Gas-X helps, but I didn't really think it helped me.

It is natural to be a bit sore; after all, you just had surgery and the port and band are stitched into your body.

Don't be ready to jump on pain pills with a bit of gas pain. Sometimes the pain meds can cause more complications such as vomiting, which can really mess up your band. I'm not trying to hold myself out as a big brave girl, but I only took one pain pill after the surgery meds wore off. If you don't really need it, just continue walking around and moving gently to help with the gas pains. Some people claim Gas-X helps, but I didn't really think it helped me.

It is natural to be a bit sore; after all, you just had surgery and the port and band are stitched into your body.

Thanks for the advice... I am feeling much better. Not real hungry. Not too much pain anymore. Weird thing... I miss chewing food.

><'

Weird thing... I miss chewing food.

><'

That part, unfortunately, will get worse before it gets better. At least you know that there is an end date to your liquid diet and you will be able to resume eating solids in the not too distant future.